DT backup without OB

I think this is an important question. Is it possible to give DT users full backup functionality in an update, before OB is finished? Maybe 1.06? This would be news for many DT users if it were possible. Thanks in advance for reply.

1 Like

As of 1.05 it is possible to back up everything through sysex except samples on the digitakt. The lack of sample backup is definitely an issue and hopefully it will be added on the next update 1.07.

1 Like

Yes, exactly. I am not upset, or trying to start a long negative thread, but think a communication about this important feature would give many of us a sense of hope.

As long as I’ve been waiting for sample backup to arrive I’m still feeling pretty positive about the dt. I wonder if sample backup will come through the transfer app at some point or if it’s going to be a strictly ob thing. Seems like the transfer app should be able to handle a 2 way exchange.

I am not sure I understand how the current process can be described as a backup, a backup is supposed to be a way to secure your work, without samples all the rest is useless. It would have been a little usefull if it had been samples only because if anyone is like me they will have much more project space available than +drive, I think I am down to about 30% left in the drive but around 100 empty projects.

1 Like

That’s what electron is describing it as. I don’t think it a full solution but I do find relief knowing I can as least back up patterns and settings.
Personally I’ve got more samples that were transferred to the dt and have a much smaller percentage of stuff I’ve sampled into the dt directly. This is mostly cause I know there is no sample backup solution though.

samples can now be moved FROM digitakt via the Transfer app, no?

Yeah, this is possible now

1 Like