DT + Transfer app: can i backup projects incl. the samples ---> in one file ? or: how would restore work?(solved)

Heya,

Solved ! check my post #5, and 4, for more infos.
but ins short: no special tasks needed, whne dealing with the Transfer app, backing up projects. The samples are within the file.

i wanted since loooong ago to wipe out my whole DT, and start fresh,
but ideally, without losing my old work.
I especially want to have a very clean and slim sample lybrary on my plus-drive.

So, i finally just backuped ALL samples from my DT to my computer.
Same with my projects.

Now, are my backuped project files inclouding the used samples ? (i guess its not)
if not, how can i restore old projects back into my DT, AFTER i wiped out ALL samples from the plus drive ?
i read somewhere it should be doable now with the new transfer App.

asking here bevore i delete anything from the DT.
any help much appreciated. Since i really need to start completely fresh and more focused

I think now it does backup the project with the samples included, so you donā€™t have to assign all the sample slots manually.

1 Like

It certainly works that way on the model:samples. And Iā€™m pretty sure that right after the release of transfer that enabled that, there were instances of people sharing entire digitakt projects.

1 Like

ok, thanks !
but it does not sound completly certain.

just as we speak, i think i know how i can test it:
(though its the things i prefer to avoid, cause: funkiller)
iĀ“ll create a new sample folder, send some fresh samples over,
create a new test project, load some samples, set some trigs,
backup the project alone to the computer with Elektrons Transfer app,
delete both, sample folder and project in the DT,
reload the project, but not the samples,
and finally see if it plays.

1 Like

OK, works ! confirmed !

i made some testing, as described in my post 1 above.

while loading the project back in, a prompt popped up, asking me if i want to load the original samples, they are missing. and if i want to load all, or just the missing ones,
and to which location (original or not).
I chose original, and the folder was then created again.

quite cool. Seems matured !
great great great

my DT and i go now into the bathroom where i will scrubbing off all samples from the plus drive sorroughly with a very cleansy jabon.
plus the projects with a special cleanser. Cause ā€œthe cool as fuckā€ i created is worn now, and sticky :laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad it works!

I did the same with my DT a couple of days ago. I want to stick to 1 or 2 ā€œdrum kitsā€ to not lose to much time choosing kicks or snares and use more time in melodic stuffs.

Yup !
my DT was a mess from first day on.
and the mess just grew. :laughing:

Glad to see that things have been matured from elektrons side :star_struck:

1 Like