Dtr / Artificial Intolerance music in here

Hey y’all, hope you had a blast last night, regardless of lockdowns and all that.

I did and I’m full of musical energy from it. Been away from Elektronauts for a while too. Was much overloaded and needed to skip non-essential screen time where I could.

So to celebrate a new year full of music and renewed energy I got behind the machines and recorded this little techno jam. Just AR & AH. Dirty dirty couple those two. By the end of it I kicked myself for not having turned on more machines to continue the jam, and I hadn’t planned transitions on the AR, so it remained rather short.

From now on I’ll also post all my music in this thread instead of creating a new one for every track or set.

7 Likes

Oh yeah. Thanks for bringing this. That translation around 6:00 damn near melted my phone. :sweat_smile: so good. I think it’s time for me to enjoy a straight up techno jam of my own soon.

1 Like

I’ve been reworking this older stereo live take. Shortened it and EQ’d some. What do you think? Still too long or just right?

Also, too much 40Hz in there?

2 Likes

Yeah fucking great stuff. What’s making the bassline, the not exactly but acid ish resonant melody?

Won’t give you mixing advice - hopefully something else can lend an ear!

Circuit mono station :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should’ve known :joy:

1 Like

Kick ass.

1 Like

Played an unpretentious 4-to-the-floor techno set at my friends’ birthday party last night. Had great fun and, with the addition of the Quandrantid Swarm, I’m finally arriving at my goal of playing unplanned, free-flowing live sets. This is more melodic, more straightforward, rave-y techno than my productions, but I can see this evolving in the more against-the-grain direction that I find more artistically rewarding. Anyway, this one was for fun and fun it was!

Swarm : leads (I’m repeating myself but this thing is a Rave Machine!)
AR : drums and some basses
M:C : mostly basses and a few other sounds
FX : Space, H9, AH, Xone:96

PA and room acoustics were terrible. This was a clear case of thinning the mix to the bare essentials, any other detail would be lost and just add to the mud. It was so bad that I didn’t hear for like the first 12 mins that I had a low-pass on my drums and the highs only sounded through the Space’s MangledVerb. And at some point it appears I had 2 basslines clashing, which I only noticed afterwards in this recording…

4 Likes