Dub Techno Recommendations

Oh yeah, I like Recondite too!

Here’s some of my stuff. I’m currently remixing the “Oceanica” songs. I think they were released a bit prematurely. Waiting on a new mac to finish those up. My 2011 imac is grinding to a halt on these songs.

I think “Coast” might be my most straightforward Dub Techno song (with a bit of 303 around the 4:00 mark). A lot of the other songs are perhaps mainly Dub Techno influenced - bass, noise, stabs, echo, etc.

2 Likes

Very nice track!

1 Like

that’s really nice, love the acid in the break. looking forward to giving the rest a listen later today.

1 Like

this has been the soundtrack to my afternoon …

1 Like

A great jumping off point to explore the world of atmospheric dubbiness. Not all explicity dub techno but definitely in the vibe. And any VBC mix is always magical.

a new EP by Markus Masuhr just came out. You might wanna have a listen:

Cycling Voices EP | Markus Masuhr | Etui Records (bandcamp.com)

1 Like

Don’t forget the classics. Still sounds good to me.

2 Likes

oh yes! alltime favourite (dub) techno track. But also the ambient version on the flip side is great!

1 Like

new ep on insectorama with 2 original tracks and 16 remixes. it’s free or pay what you want to support the label. i’m pretty happy about my remix being included with so many really good artists. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i love this album, it’s really chill and very well done.

Sounds very DT/DN combo nice

one of my regular rotation albums for today …

1 Like

good tunes and visuals …

3 Likes

chilled and spacey …

apparently you can’t post 3 consecutive times, so here’s and edit to add a new album. :sweat_smile:

released today. i enjoyed this album, pretty chilled again.

2 Likes

Moving my rec to this safe space - predicting imminent collapse in ‘Unusual Dub Techno thread’.

Awesome artist and label.
Not sure if this is dub techno. Also not sure how to concretely classify a genre that takes it’s name from a production methodology vs a structure or style, but I’m guessing that’s been discussed elsewhere in the thread. Thanks to @Pinkbox for the rec toward Peak Oil label.

3 Likes

listening to this now and really liking it, thanks.

been vibin on this all morning, cheers

great for work!

1 Like

that nikosf album is so good, glad you like it too.