@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

Thank you very much @craig! I’m from Norway. Lived in or near the capital most of my life. I’ve always loved the sound of sampled and chopped drums, and what got me hooked on trip hop was playing Silent Hill 2 back in 2002 and listening to its awesome soundtrack :grin:

4 Likes

Portishead for me. I really liked their Live show in Montreal.

1 Like

I like this very much!

Thank you!

What did you use to normalize the samples?

I just used FL Studio’s sample player’s normalize button. Usually the Digitakt will automatically normalize right after sampling, but when copying over files over USB this doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Octatrack & Digitakt Sketch #2 Nostalgic (June 24th 2020)

I’m still trying to get the hang of the Octatrack. I made a little piano loop in FL Studio to later chop up and arrange into a full track on the Octatrack, along with the Digitakt for drums, bass and strings. Copying and pasting a pattern should not be this difficult! I may have to read the manual or watch more tutorials :stuck_out_tongue:

All audio is coming from the Octatrack and Digitakt, though I did some light mastering with a preamp plugin (Phoenix) and a multiband expander (Maximus). Everything was recorded in one take.

Thanks for listening!

9 Likes

great one. Nice trip hop

1 Like

I like it!

1 Like

I wanted to go to a Metal concert. Cannes, France. So I went to the Fnac and saw tickets for “Massive Attack”. Figured it was metal.

Not what I thought at all.

Was not disappointed :rofl:

Really digging your progression with the OT @eaves! It’s neat to see/hear the progress

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Unifono, @amaury and @selfup!

I hadn’t actually heard of Portishead until a few years ago, but I did like Massive Attack! Another one I like a lot is Sneaker Pimps.

5 Likes

my hat off to you sir…elegant.

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I loved Protection from Massive Attack since a while already and was using th first two songs as reference when visiting studios or stages, I was learning to be a sound engineer atnthe time. Then Portishead released that album with All Mine ( I think the 2nd album" and I was so impressed. Still today, what a skilled composition, arrangemente, mix, sound and everything, close to perfection!

2 Likes

trivial but I meet one of myfave " partner" while waiting for reasonable scalpers to lower the ticket price for Massive Attach show at the Waldorf theater ( market street) San Francisco circa '98…willing to pay $100 but none would take it

1 Like

Digitakt & Digitone Sketch #23 Familiar (July 2nd 2020)

It’s been a while since I’ve made a track using the Digitakt and Digitone combo. The two boxes work so well together! I positioned the lamp light to avoid screen glare on the video, but I realized too late that I got the glare instead and had a hard time seeing the values on screen, hehe.

It felt a bit odd, not having the Octatrack’s scenes and crossfader. A lot of the time I didn’t know what to do with my hands other than muting, so I was aimlessly toggling through pages to find something fun to tweak. I realize now how convenient the crossfader is, even if it takes some time to set up the scenes!

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and Digitone, with a preamp plugin (Phoenix) and multiband expander (Maximus) added in post. The whole track was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

7 Likes

Digitone Sketch #14 Warts And All (July 8th 2020)

I’m trying to get out of my comfort zone with this one. Instead of my usual downtempo trip hop, I tried doing something in a more fast paced electronica style. I was inspired by the soundtracks to Mirror’s Edge and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I still have trouble navigating the Digitone! A lot of the features I tweak during this performance are hidden behind second pages and toggles and modes, and it’s hard to keep track of everything. I was very close to rerecording the whole track, but thought it might be interesting to see what it looks like when I have to “troubleshoot” why something isn’t behaving as I expected in the middle of a performance. Also it saves me another 10 attempts to get the “perfect” take, hehe.

All audio is coming from the Digitone, with a preamp plugin (Phoenix) and multiband expander (Maximus) added in post. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

11 Likes

This track is ace, I don’t mind imperfections, it’s really beautiful as is!

1 Like

really impressive :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thank you very much @LyingDalai and @unifono :smiley: