@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

could you please share the recipe of this sweet snare? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Digitone Sketch #27 Headspace (April 16th 2021)

I’ve actively been avoiding burnout by taking a little break. I was hard at work exploring the Analog Four, the Digitakt and bass, and the Heat and at some point realized I wasn’t really having that much fun. So I put it all away for a week and played Omori in my free time.

There was this 5 minute challenge over at the elektronauts forums that I thought I’d try to make a video of, but damn that was hard! Kudos to everyone who posted a video there! By the end of my 5 minutes I had a pattern containing a kick, some hihats, and an arp. I gave up on the challenge, but continued working on that pattern and turned it into this track over the next two days.

I ran out of voices and had to put the snare and arp sounds in the same track. The snares were more important to the track so I had them cut off the arp, giving it a way different melody than I intended. At this point I considered adding in the Analog Four, but I could be bothered due to the lack of desk space, extra stuff to set up and more cognitive load to deal with. I was also worried that the extra work would lead to the track never getting finished :stuck_out_tongue:

All audio is coming from the Digitone, with some heavy processing through the Analog Heat and a bit of mastering with Maximus (multiband expander). Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubbing.

13 Likes

A Big Wow! That’s all I have to say.

1 Like

nothing to add

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, @Tchu and @Unifono!

1 Like

Digitakt Sketch #59 Low EQ (April 25th 2021)

It’s been a busy past few weeks and have had little time to sit down and finish any music. I decided to stick to something simple and relaxing this time, no fancy new tricks or difficult to pull off moves. I used the Digitakt to sequence my favorite piano plugin Akoustik Piano, and also tried this granulizer synth called Spacecraft. I put one of my latest Digitone tracks through the granulizer and used part of that as the main chord progression.

Drums, strings, bass and choir are coming from the Digitakt, while the piano and pads are from the plugins Akoustik Piano and Spacecraft respectively. All of it is heavily processed by the Analog Heat and levels were evened out with Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

3 Likes

Analog Four Sketch #6 Buildup (April 27th 2021)

I have a lot of unfinished loops on the Analog Four. Once I have a nice little loop going, I find it hard to expand on it. It has more tools to work with than the Digitakt and Digitone such as song mode and macro knobs and kits, but all these tools come with extra things to manage. The cognitive overload is not nearly as bad as the Octatrack was for me, but it’s enough to slow things down a lot when working on a B-section. Once the patterns and kits and performance settings were all sorted out, it was really satisfing to play!

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing by the Analog Heat and light mastering with Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

14 Likes

Great Sketch again! What a lovely Sound designed Snare!

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Tchu!

1 Like

Analog Four Sketch #7 Direct Jump Indulgence (May 7th 2021)

This is one of my most jammy and unstructured tracks. It is literally a few 16 steps pattern repeating endlessly, where I’m switching between patterns on the fly. It started out as a short loop just to experiment with the Analog Heat, but then I learned about the Analog Four’s “direct jump” mode which lets you switch patterns without waiting for the playhead to reach the end of the patterns. I structured the patterns like this:
1: drums and pad
2: drums and bass (main pattern)
3: drums and alternate bassline
4: alternate bassline with no drums

Then I switch between 2-4 constantly and occasionally switch to pattern 1 now and then to get a random pad note playing.

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing by the Analog Heat and light mastering with Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

13 Likes

What good energy.

1 Like

@Eaves This kicks ass! Love how it sounds and the very natural/jammy arrangement with direct jump. I first discovered this kind of feature in Ableton, where it’s a clip setting called “legato” that functions the same way, jumps right into the next clip you launch where the last one left off. Such a fun way to mash up patterns. Well done!

2 Likes

Awesome. Glad you used the Direct Jump, it’s the secret weapon of the Analog series ^^
Really dig the fact that you use the Perf on top, I got to setup something similar.

Do you use the same Kit on all patterns?

1 Like

These Analog Four sketches are so inspiring.

2 Likes

Awesome jam! I’m surprised that you describe it as unstructered as I didn’t have this feeling at all - it’s all put very well together and has some great unforseen twists. Love it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Living proof its not the gear but the user. Fantastic!

1 Like

this is sick very good job!
direct jump is a favourite of mine

1 Like

Thanks a lot, everyone! Is there a way to direct jump between patterns without holding a bank button? A latch mode or something?

No, unfortunately.

Maybe you could submit something to Elektron, they seem to listen to your ideas (Trig Preview).:grinning:

6 Likes