@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

OMG if that was you, @Eaves, I owe you for my sanity as well as for all the inspiring jams!

2 Likes

3 of the 4 patterns share the same kit, and the one with the long distorted synth notes is a separate kit. I had big plans to put different drums on that pattern, but I ran out of energy and decided to finish it quickly lest I abandon it forever.

2 Likes

you could put something heavy on the button. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I learn a lot from your videos (as well as enjoying the music greatly) but particularly valuable to me are the insights into the process, including the frustrations, the changes on the fly, the salvaging and happy accidents. It’s a more organic and rounded view than one usually gets.

3 Likes

I have requested this a couple of times.
My solution is a piece of tape to keep the bank button down…not ideal but it works

1 Like

I wish there was a latch mode for the scene buttons on the OT too, back when I had it. I jokingly considered screwing a literal latch next to them so I could toggle it on and off

1 Like

Thanks a lot, man! It’s awesome to hear my videos have been helpful :smiley:. I do my best to roll with the punches and use whatever features the machines have or don’t have. For example, I still wish there was a Digitakt-style track selection/mutes on the Digitone so you wouldn’t have to toggle between synth mode and midi mode to do it, but I started using pattern mutes and built my tracks differently because of that. It’s probably not something I would try doing otherwise!

2 Likes

me too

1 Like

Digitone Sketch #28 Pivot

I made a cheesy little loop on the Digitone and had a hard time making a b-section for it, so I scrapped it and kept the drums. Then I made a new loop, this time with a sinister bass line, and had a hard time making a b-section for it. Turned out it was in the same key as the cheesy loop I made earlier, so I slapped them together and ended up with this track.

All audio is coming from the Digitone, with some heavy processing through the Analog Heat and a bit of mastering with Maximus (multiband expander). Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubbing.

Thanks for listening!

7 Likes

“Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout se transforme”
Sweet track !

1 Like

Thanks for sharing so much, Eaves!

You’re the best (even if you keep your fantastic A4 snare’s secrets for your dear patreons :stuck_out_tongue: )
Great inspiration, seeing others take control of the limitations of elektrons.
Also very interesting to see your signature sound across different machines.

Cheers from Portugal!

2 Likes

Thank you @NeonMelk and @phading! I’ve been waiting to post my A4 sysex files until I’ve made more worth while sounds, but I think I’ll post it soon :smiley:

Analog Four Sketch #8 Short Decay (May 22nd 2021)

I was working on a bit of sound design on the Analog Four and came up with a 16 step loop that was really fun playing around with. I tried doing another “direct jump” pattern switching track, but had trouble with microtimed trigs playing twice when switching patterns. Halfway through the performance I turn off direct jump to avoid this.

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing by the Analog Heat and light mastering with Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

9 Likes

Digitone Sketch #29 Current Sound (June 8th 2021)

I’ve spent some time lately working on a midi script to make the Digitakt control FL Studio better. Changing patterns on the Digitakt will now change patterns in FL Studio too (and queue them up in performance mode), but the further I got the more I got hung up on details. Now I remember why I prefer the limited features and streamlined workflow of hardware over the infinite possiblities of a DAW.

So anyway, I’ve abandoned 3 tracks before making this one. I find it harder to make a new track that doesn’t sound too similar to my previous tracks, but I think I managed that with this one :slight_smile:

All audio is coming from the Digitone, with some heavy processing by the Analog Heat and light mastering with Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

13 Likes

So true.

1 Like

i just saw it on youtube, fantastic. its my fav of yours so far

2 Likes

Thank you very much, man!

Digitone Sketch #30 Where Are My Dynamics

Tried doing something different this time. I wanted to make a track that focused more on sound design than on melodies or chord progressions. It’s still pretty melodic, but I tried highlighting the gritty bass and harsh percussive sounds.

No Analog Heat this time, I used Fruity Limiter, Tape6 by AirWindows and Maximus in that order.

Thanks for listening!

16 Likes

You really have a strange habit of releasing a gem each time i think i’ve made some progress with the little box.
Please continue.

2 Likes

soDark

1 Like

Ivar is an absolute HAAS. His videos got me to use the Digi as more than just a groovebox.

2 Likes