@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

Thank you very much @NeonMelk, @shankiphonic and @SacredHeartAttack! :smiley:

1 Like

Digitakt Sketch #60 What if I sample the Digitone 2 (June 21st 2021)

I had to change things up a bit, so I did two things I rarely do: I used one shot drum samples instead of a drum loop, and I sampled whole phrases from the Digitone instead of sequencing note for note.

The new features of the Digitakt are so good! The Digitone was sampled through the Digitakt’s compressor, delay, and reverb. Some of the samples were pitched down below two octaves. The low end of these samples were carved away with the 2nd bandwidth filter. One LFO was used to randomly detune, and the second LFO would occasionally “bump” the depth of the 1st LFO for an added tape wobble sound.

No Analog Heat this time, either. I’m trying to see how little gear I can get away with to keep my desk as clutter free as possible. I’m losing out on the Heat’s delicious flavor and straight forward controls, but having one less box to set up and later pack away when making music is also pretty nice.

All audio is coming from the Digitakt, with some compression from Fruity Limiter, slight saturation from Tape6 by Airwindows, and some heavy handed “mastering” with Maximus.

Thanks for listening!

18 Likes

:pray:

3 Likes

Thanks, man :smiley:

Sweet man !
I Have a question :
Is there a chance that you would produce kind of a live set on your channel, or a least a mini gig with a few tracks ?

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve thought about doing a set for a long time, but I have a hard time keeping things consistent between tracks. Levels will vary wildly, for example some tracks have really loud drums that are tamed with compression, while other tracks are more evenly mixed. Making a set where all the tracks sound good through the same master fx in FL Studio is something I need discipline to pull off.

I also like using different gear depending on my mood. Now that I think about it, using only the Digitone could make it easier to keep it consistent, or using the Digitakt and sampling all the bits I want from the Digitone or analog four.

But yeah, it’s something I’d like to try, but it seems like a daunting task!

2 Likes

The good thing is that you know your machines pretty damn good, so the quality and consistency of your sound will probably be just a technicality.

I guess that producing new tracks especially for that performance would be more easy to handle, but that’s just me talking :

I love to create multiple tracks simultaneously with a global vision, once the main tracks start to take shape, i can imagine a “scenario” with transitions/interludes that set the stage for the real big tracks.

Now the big challenge for me would be to get out of the “blooper free performance”.
…And i’m so not there yet !!!

Anyway, great to know that we may enjoy a set of yours someday !

2 Likes

Digitakt & Analog Four Sketch #3 Veldig Farlig (July 1st 2021)

I’ve been playing Guilty Gear Strive lately, and made a few attempts at using guitar as the main instrument in a track. I wanted to make something heavy, but my guitar skills weren’t up to the task. The Analog Four was, though!

The Analog Four is going through the Digitakt’s compressor, and in post I used Phoenix and Tape6 for saturation and Maximus to even out the levels.

Thanks for listening!

I posted a shorter unfinished version of it in this thread yesterday: Current sounds coming from your gear - #1141 by Eaves

10 Likes

Awesome to hear the track in all its glory! So all sounds originally coming from the A4 in this one? Digitakt used for processing (comp) only? Incredible work!

Veldig farlig indeed!

1 Like

Thank you very much @korpinen! I ran out of voices, so the Digitakt is the snares and some extra hihats, along with the string sound in the background.

1 Like

Digitone Sketch #31 Squashed and Trimmed (July 18th 2021)

The Digitone is so satisfying to make music on.

All audio is coming from the Digitone, with some heavy processing through the Analog Heat and a multiband expander plugin called Maximus (hence the title). Everything was done in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

6 Likes

You never disappoint me with your music. This is now one of my favorites.

1 Like

It’s always Christmas when you release a new Digitone Sketch !
…And i’m so going to steal you tricks from this one.

1 Like

Thank you very much @Sherelle and @NeonMelk! :smiley:

Analog Four Sketch #9 Spinward (July 22nd 2021)

It’s been a while since I made a track using only the Analog Four. I wanted to make something with a 7/8 time signature, which is usually pretty hard to do on Elektron boxes. I ended up making a couple of 14 step synth lines that repeat throughout the track, then change the key by just playing long bass notes to make things easier. The performance macros are so satisfying :smiley:

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing from the Analog Heat and Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

7 Likes

So cool !
…But now i want a A4 and i may start my second playthrough of the Mass Effect Trilogy sooner than scheduled.
Please stop ruining my plans !
…Or not.

1 Like

Thank you very much @NeonMelk! Mass Effect was one of the main influences for this track, hehe. I really appreciate it, man :slight_smile:

Digitone Sketch #32 Ultra Serious (July 25th 2021)

o there was a “Confessions” thread here on the forums, and here’s my contribution: “The Digitone is slowly taking the Digitakt’s place as my favorite piece of hardware. They’re both so fun, but I’m grabbing the Digitone more often lately, even with the Digitakt’s 1.30 update.”

All audio is coming from the Digitone, with some heavy processing through the Analog Heat and a multiband expander plugin called Maximus. Everything was done in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

6 Likes

ever thought about getting a second digitone? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I haven’t seriously considered it. I imagine it would be easier to compose stuff, but harder to mix when you have twice as many voices =P

Analog Four Sketch #10 Sixteen Step Descent (July 28th 2021)

I’ve been spending more time with the Analog Four lately. I sometimes have a harder time doing sound design on it compared to the Digitone, because of all the extra parameters, trig types, and performance macros. I decided to make a simple bass pattern and add complexity by randomly p-locking stuff I usually don’t p-lock. Once I had something crazy but fun, I toned it down and added drums. Also this is the first time I’ve used the Analog Four and Analog Heat’s CV connectivity to control the Heat’s filter cutoff from one of the A4’s performance macros. It’s handy being able to reset the Heat’s filter by reloading the A4’s kit :smiley:

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing from the Analog Heat and Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for listening!

8 Likes