@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

Hot Damn! You outdid yourself this time. Really dig this one. You’re helping me resist the SP too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

These suppliers and manufacturers should be throwing gear at you man. Great work.

3 Likes

Haha, I appreciate it man :smiley:

this is so incredible. it doesnt even seem like those sounds are coming from the digitone. that fill technique is awesome too, thanks for sharing

2 Likes

This is really next-level, and awesome anti-GAS.

I’d be curious to hear the track before all the post-processing.

1 Like

I listened to this without the video the first time through and thought you had mistyped “Digitakt”. Always in awe of the unexpected corners you managed to stretch these boxes into!

2 Likes

Thank you very much @johnl and @jemmons!

Luckily I always record my stereo tracks dry so the post processing isn’t final, although I always mix into the post processing.

Stereo track without any post processing:

But since I often mix into the post processing, I make a few decisions that don’t sound as good dry. The drums are a lot louder than the rest of the synth tracks, so that I can get that pumping compression effect using Fruity Limiter. Because Maximus (multiband expander) boosts the highs and lows, I filtered out some of the lows from the bass with the basewidth filter, but left the kick drum alone. And I’m not using the Digitone’s master overdrive, because I have my SGA Phoenix plugin for that.

Rebalanced the levels and added the Digitone’s overdrive, then normalized (no post processing):

This clip is 100% Digitone, no post processing. The master overdrive is set to around 11 o’clock, I put the low end back into the bass synth and tweaked the levels a bit, making sure that the drums are still the loudest part of thole whole thing.

Edit: May I also take this opportunity to talk about my patreon, where the project file for this track and many others, as well as sounds for the DN and A4 are available for $5 per month? :pray:

6 Likes

Painted Into a Corner (October 31st 2021)

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing from the Analog Heat, ToTape6 and Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for watching!

10 Likes

Sir, one more time, I’m enjoying listening and watching your work. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Just came here to leave a small token of appreciation for your work. Thanks, man

1 Like

I appreciate the kind words, @hc_halley!

Transposition (November 7th 2021)

I’m planning on making a video comparing the Digitone and Analog Four. I sat down with both of them to get a better feel for what I like and dislike about them. I ended up working on a track instead, and used two features I haven’t really used before: transpose and reload kit on pattern change.

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, with some heavy processing from the Analog Heat, ToTape6 and Maximus. Everything was recorded in one take, no overdubs.

Thanks for watching!

I made this track with the coffee table setup I posted here yesterday, then recorded the video today.

12 Likes

It’s amazing to me that you make such great tunes with whichever machine.

I’ve not followed close enough so I’m asking out of curiosity: you’ve got an Alanog 4, an Octotrack as well right? Is you plan to choose which of the 4 you like best, or to someday use more than 2 at once, or just keep all the ones you like?

I’m impressed by the practice of digging a great tune from a single, sometimes two machines!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @amaury! I had the OTmk2 until around December or January last year. It was with great sadness that I realized it wasn’t for me. Many of its great features were things I ended up not using and it required more brainpower and book keeping to use than I was comfortable with. I’m happy with the tracks I made with the OT, but I spent more time setting up scenes and troubleshooting than actually composing, even after the update that added trig preview and multiple trig p-locking.

I don’t have any plans to use more than 2 of them at once. I did that one time with theDigitakt, Digitone and Octatrack, and setting it up physically and lining up the projects was more work than I’m willing to deal with regularly. I put my gear in a closet when not making music, so I prefer smaller setups for less… Setting up. I also have this irrational need to use everything on every device I set up, so I get overwhelmed quickly when using more than 2 of them.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I totally understand. I am easily overwhelmed as well.

Instruments out of the closet, one or two at a time, is a great strategy.

I too try and learn my instruments, I find it rewarding and fun.

My own strategy right now is different: I have a table that I setup and learn to play it like an instrument, I practice with the ensemble. It’s almost stable right now. Takes time to stabalize but it’s rewarding.

Each part - instrument or effect - is assessed by the joy it brings me, and mostly directed by a ratio of time spent vs results I love, so I hear you on that!

Well, sorry for the parentheses, please keep going and sharing! Love your stuff and generosity.

2 Likes

Friendly Face in a Hostile Land (November 12th 2021)

I played around with the Analog Heat’s High Gain circuit. It’s the most extreme of the 8 overdrives, and I ran the Analog Four through it at low volume. The drums are the loudest part, and everything else is practically silent, except it’s being boosted to hell by the Heat.

Thanks for watching!

11 Likes

Congrats on writing piece of A4’s history

1 Like

This is some damn fine analog goodness

1 Like

Haha, thanks a lot @hc_halley and @BruteCoan!