@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

@Eaves I would love your videos even more if you would shoot them in 30 frames per second :smiley:

What bass you got? Sounds nice.

1 Like

Thank you @dolomick! It’s a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass with 10 year old flatwound strings on it. I didn’t use it on “after playing signalis”, but I did use it on “palm mute”. I also recently bought a cheap Squier Affinity Precision Bass and put the same flatwound strings on that, and I’m really happy with the sound and feel of it. Thought to be honest, I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference in a blind test, but they feel different enough to play and got them for cheap so I’ll probably keep both.

dusting off (3rd May 2023)

I recently rolled a new character on Star Conquest so I haven’t touched my Elektron instruments in a while :smiley:

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and Digitone, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
MJUC (compressor and drive)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (Multiband expander I use as an EQ)
SlickEQ (equalizer for the highest highs)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the clipper and limiter modules)
Thanks for watching!

The track uses pattern B01 on the project files available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/82445858

7 Likes

The best kind of flatwounds :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bibenu I really love the flatwound sound! I cleaned the strings thoroughly the other day, and it almost sounded like new roundwounds for a couple of days. I’m so glad it’s almost back to the normal dull sound now :smiley:

syntakt a10 (8th May 2023)

Another one-pattern track, this time on the Syntakt.

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
Molotok (free compressor)
SlickEQ (free equalizer)
ToTape6 (free tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the clipper and limiter modules)
Thanks for watching!

The track uses pattern A10 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/82708637

Also, here’s the FL Studio “mastering” template I used for this project. If you set a midi track to channel 16, the 8 knobs on the ST/DT/DN correspond to the 8 knobs on the template. Muting midi channel 16 toggles the plugin chain on and off, and muting midi channel 15 toggles level match on and off.
TDR mastering template igjen.flp (143.7 KB)

6 Likes

Nice digital ride! And the rest!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m very happy with that ride, close enough to sounding acoustic for my purposes :slight_smile:

Been going back to listen through these again… the bass riff sound on this is immense!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I love how organic the A4 feels to use when making bass sounds :smiley:

1 Like

…Oh hi Plissken !
Nice tension and tones.

1 Like