@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

Thanks a lot, man =D

Percussion Carbon Machine (22nd December 2022)

I made this track to fight the gearlust I’ve started developing for the Analog Rytm mkII. For years I wasn’t interested in it because I already had the Digitakt, but now that I’ve used the Syntakt which has many similar synth engines, and the Analog Four which has the performance macros… the Rytm suddenly became very interesting. Let me know your thoughts on the Rytm if you’ve used one before!

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
MJUC (compressor and drive)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (Multiband expander I use as an EQ)
SlickEQ (equalizer for the highest highs)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the clipper and limiter modules)
Thanks for watching!

The track is on pattern A05 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/76256192
It also contains a pattern I plan on expanding into a full track on A09 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m glad this thread exists, as I keep coming back to it for the inspiration and pure pleasure of listening so much great music, all in one place.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words! :pray:

1 Like

The Rytm Can’t Control All (1st January 2023)

Still fighting gearlust for the Analog Rytm mkII. Happy new year!

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Thanks for watching!

The track is on pattern D02 and D03 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/76644883

2 Likes

One Kit and a Pattern Chain (8th January 2023)

Still fighting gearlust for the Analog Rytm mkII, though it’s starting to settle down :slight_smile: I made this track while exploring song mode on the Analog Four, but I was too impatient to read the manual and made a ton of mistakes along the way, so I used a pattern chain instead. I also tried to take advantage of kits to get rid of that jarring parameter jump effect you get from switching patterns on the digi-boxes.

All audio is coming from the Analog Four mk2, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I recorded through the Digitakt with its master compressor, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns A11-A14 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/76966331

Creeper (Analog Rytm version) (16th January 2023)

I caved and got an Analog Rytm mk2 :sweat_smile:

I filled it with the old samples I had on the Digitakt and stumbled upon the synth chord samples I used in one of my earliest tracks (#7 Creeper). I remade the track as a way to learn the AR2.

The unit I bought has some serious pad sensitivity issues (you can see me struggle with the mutes), but it seems like there’s a simple solution. I sent Elektron a support ticket, and from what I’ve read they’ll send a thin film to place between the pads and sensors that fixes the problem.

All audio is coming from the Analog Rytm mk2, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns A08 and A09 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/77309716

digitakt trip hop on the train needs title (20th January 2023)

I’ve been sick all week, and while I’ve spent a lot of time with the Rytm I haven’t had the energy to actually produce anything new. I pulled out the Digitakt to compare the sounds and workflow to the Rytm, and found this little pattern I made on the train to work some time last summer.

All audio is coming from the Digitakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses pattern A10 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/77519135

keeping it simple for now (24th January 2023)

The Rytm is harder to get used to than I expected, especially considering how close it is to my favorite device ever, the Digitakt. Juggling mutes, scenes, and performance macros is going to take some getting used to. Gain staging is also more difficult, because there are more things to keep track of. I’m looking forward to learning it well enough to do things fast on it!

In the mean time though I’ve been resampling a bunch of analog drum loops into dirty, lofi samples like how I did back when I first got my Digitakt :slight_smile: I’ll put them up on my patreon as soon as possible.

All audio is coming from the Analog Rytm mk2, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns A14 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/77700291

seriously the best combo (8th February 2023)

Man, there’s nothing quite like using the Digitakt and the Digitone together.

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and Digitone, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns A05 and A06 on the project files available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/78425057

14 Likes

What’s going on here ? Does the syntakt show you the name of the preset in addition to the machine ? I wish the M:C did that.

EDIT: Lovely track, BTW. I think the SY TOY machine in general, and this track in particular, might have just sold me on the Syntakt.

Thank you @bibenu! Yep, when you select a track, it shows the track name.

20 cycle lifespan (15th February 2022)

I replayed Rain World to prepare myself for the newly released Downpour expansion, and decided to play as the unlockable new character you get after beating the original game. He’s a cute slugcat like the other two playable characters, but he runs faster, jumps higher, throws spears harder, and needs more food to sustain himself. Fortunately, he can eat big creatures. All it cost him is a shortened lifespan of only 20 cycles.

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns D11 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/78746080

7 Likes

filthy soft sync (19th February 2023)

I’ve had the Analog Four for a while now, but I’ve never really explored the sync amount parameter. I’ve always left it at full, because anything else sounded random and dissonant to me. So I put the sync amount and osc2 level to a slow moving LFO and messed around with the osc2 fine tune to get a few different flavors of dissonance out of it :slight_smile:

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns D14 and D15 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/78921075

9 Likes

copious amount of sidechain and widening (23rd February 2023)

I’ve been experimenting a bit with using Overbridge to process individual tracks with different plugins. My goal was to get as much width as possible with two drum loops that are hard panned left and right and 2 voice unison on the bass with SlickEQ M to boost the sides on the Digitakt’s input tracks (which is all the Analog Four sounds). Also tons of sidechain compression using Fruity Limiter, with the kick and snare on the Digitakt as the sidechain source.

Phoenix (preamp sim)
SlickEQ M (equalizer for the highest highs, and for extra width)
ToTape6 (tape sim)

Thanks for watching!

This track uses pattern C02 on the project files available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/79092937

3 Likes

That’s actually the way I went. Have the Digitakt for years (keeper), but I miss kits, perform stuff and I really like the scenes. So I have Rytm now as well. :slight_smile:

DT remains a keeper as I use the 8 midi channels.
Clock from A4, but might swith to Midronome once I received it.

1 Like

patient hunter (4th March 2023)

I’ve been playing Rain World: Downpour lately, and man it’s such a good game. After playing the (literally) explosive and combat-heavy Artificer campaign and the lightning fast Rivulet campaign, the relatively slow paced Spearmaster campaign really forces you to take your time and hunt to stay fed.

I also did something I’ve never done before: added sounds after recording, in the DAW! I added a kick and sidechained the dry recording to duck under the kick, and two hat samples that I modulated with automation clips in FL Studio. I planned on trying to add orchestral instruments too, but had a hard time making it fit so I dropped it. Some other time, maybe!

My “mastering” FX chain this time looks like this:
SlickEQ M (equalizer and extra width)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the limiter module)

Thanks for watching!

This track uses pattern E01 on the project files available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/79544558

6 Likes

filthy soft sync (now with syntakt!) (10th March 2023)

I packed up and put my Syntakt up for sale two months ago, and no one bought it. Last night I unpacked the Syntakt again and tried “enhancing” one of my dry Analog Four recordings using Overbridge and a DAW. Feels like I’ve re-purchased the Syntakt :P. While I prefer the Digitakt, Digitone, and Analog Four for live performances, the Syntakt seems like a super convenient “plugin with dedicated hardware controller” for adding extra power behind the drums of already recorded tracks. I usually just record my performances through an FX chain and upload it to youtube, but I want to try spending more time adding to and polishing my tracks in post. This time using the Syntakt with Overbridge and sequence it from FL Studio and not feel compelled to do everything live on camera.

I also tried “remastering” the track focusing on width and not just crunch, so I switched out Maximus and SlickEQ for SlickEQ M:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
SlickEQ M (for equalizing and widening)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the clipper module)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns D14 and D15 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/78921075

5 Likes

Happy Birthday, @Eaves Thanks for all the inspiring videos over the years!

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

after playing signalis (10th April 2023)

I’ve spent a lot of time lately trying to learn the guitar, and also to get more comfortable on my bass guitar. I want to use them more in my music, but man it takes a lot of practice and patience, hence the lack of new music in the past couple of months.

Also I played Signalis and highly recommend it if you’re into survival horror :smiley:

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and Digitone, recorded in one take and with no overdubs, then used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (for equalizing and compresion)
SlickEQ M (for equalizing and widening)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the clipper module)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns A13 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/81303789

9 Likes

I’m sure someone has told you this already, but a lot of your work is EXTREMELY suitable for game, television and film soundtracks. Just an amazing mix of atmospheric, melodic music with driving rhythms coming in and out building and releasing tension.

Just, stellar stuff per usual, and it’s my belief that, with just a couple of Elektrons in your hands as in the video, an entire high-quality, compelling movie or series score would be right up your alley.

So good.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the kind words, man! I’ve always been interested in making music for games or movies. I’ve never gotten around to learning how to get started, though. Every time I try I get overwhelmed (especially by the business side of things), and go back to this stress free thing I’ve got going on with youtube and patreon :smiley:

2 Likes

palm mute (14th April 2023)

I’ve been having a lot of fun recording my guitar and bass into the Digitakt lately. The latest firmware has been super useful for recording instruments, especially the record length feature and slice mode. It’s much easier to record perfect loops now, and I’ve been using slice mode to just play the whole sample, but with the option to nudge individual trigs to correct my timing mistakes. I used a Fender Mustang Micro as my preamp, which was a really convenient way to shape the tone and bring the signal up to line level without using an amp or audio interface/laptop/plugins.

All audio is coming from the Digitakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I tried minimizing my FX chain again:
ToTape6 (tape sim)
SlickEQ M (equalizing and widening)
Maximus (compression and limiting)

Thanks for watching!

The track uses patterns A05 and A06 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/81523146

3 Likes

Awesome man, loving that you’re getting into your guitar. Random question and no pressure, but if I sent you a Random guitar loop would you be up for using it in a track?