@Eaves / Ivar Tryti’s Music

Unfortunately, I just sold it. Car needed some fixing and the MPC fit that hole. I really enjoyed finger drumming on it, and now wish the Elektron boxes were battery driven and had built in speakers. I had the same issue when using it that I have with DAWs, which is choice paralysis. It was so densely packed with features that I got distracted from finishing tracks.

4 Likes

Overcast Overtime (17th November 2022)

Playing around with squelchy resonant unisoned bass on the A4 :slight_smile:

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and Analog Four, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:

• Molotok, one of Tokyo Dawn Labs’ free compressors
  • SlickEQ, their free EQ
  • ToTape6 by Air Windows, a free tape sim I’ve been using forever
  • Limiter6, the paid version of Tokyo Dawn Labs’ limiter

The track uses pattern C16 on the A4 project file here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/74790545
Unfortunately, I was unable to transfer the Digitakt project file.

Thanks for watching!

8 Likes

ten minutes of dread (22nd november 2022)

Exploring textures with randomization. I wasn’t sure if I was going to upload this since it’s a bit out there. Making this was very therapeutic, at least :smiley:

All audio is coming from the Analog Four, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the follong plugins in post:

• SlickEQ, their free EQ

The track uses pattern D04 to D08 on the A4 project file here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/74993388

Thanks for watching!

7 Likes

Always enjoying your videos :+1:

2 Likes

This must be present in your next Bandcamp release.
It must.

2 Likes

Thank you @RustyRoses and @NeonMelk! It’s gonna be in the next release. I should stop procrastinating and upload my tracks there :smiley:

2 Likes

Yep you should, besides…
You may be a master with these Elektrons, but i’ll beat you at procrastination everytime.

I was waiting for more of this noisy experimental material like the ones you’ve posted while ago ( still with the A4)
Great session and great news !

1 Like

bd plastic and sy raw machines (24th november 2022)

I was inspired to play with the Syntakt after all the discussions and videos that came out after the new firmware update! I didn’t have the energy to make an overview video of the new machines, but I did try to use the machines I usually pick the least. I also wanted to lean hard into sounds I normally avoid (namely exaggerated glassy FM sounds and ring mod), and I had fun making it :slight_smile:

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:

• SlickEQ, their free EQ

The track is on pattern C06 in the project file which is available to my patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/75059148

Thanks for watching!

5 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out :smiley:

forgot to add a title (27th November 2022)

It’s been a while since I last used the Digitakt on its own.

All audio is coming from the Digitakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:

• SlickEQ, their free EQ

Thanks for watching!

6 Likes

This is going to sound like a backhanded complement… You have the best damn vibe on Digitakt while still killing it with other machines. So great to hear some DT Eaves again!

1 Like

Groovy as all get out. I immediately imagined Bjork singing to this.

:cool:

1 Like

Some great sounds here, and I’m digging how that little Eastern sounding melodic pattern in the background ties it all together.

I also appreciate the way you pay attention to the interplay of multiple parameters in real-time. Even a simple volume adjustment as you change filter settings helps keep things musical.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, @mr_bernard and @DJSpaceP! More DT coming up :smiley:

comp into comp into preamp into comp into tape

I had a little chat I had with a patron about the smashed, overcompressed, and oversaturated sound of the late 80s and early 90s. I’ve been using my clean ““mastering”” template lately consisting of mostly Tokyo Dawn Labs’ plugins (they’re awesome), but for this track I went back to my old template containing more than a few colorful plugins. Thanks for the inspiration, Sebastian!

All audio is coming from the Digitakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
MJUC (compressor and drive)
Phoenix (preamp sim)
Maximus (Multiband expander I use as an EQ)
SlickEQ (equalizer for the highest highs)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Limiter6 (using the clipper and limiter modules)
Thanks for watching!

The track is on pattern A02 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/75428619

5 Likes

yesss made it through quality assurance (12th December 2022)

Here’s 4 minutes of noodling on a repetitive 16-step pattern with an acid synth bassline in it. I experimented with changing the track length for the bassline and kick track individually. I also accidentally saved pattern at some point when I meant to reload :slight_smile:

All audio is coming from the Syntakt, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Thanks for watching!

The track is on pattern C12 on the project file available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/75834847

6 Likes

Jeez, this blew my mind. Basically Cenk level performance

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

Double Down (14th December 2022)

Doubling down on the overcompressed, oversaturated, smashed sound. The synth drums on track 1 are sampled from a previous Syntakt track (Gangsta Syntakt) and an unused drum pattern also on the Syntakt. I had a ton of fun with this one!

All audio is coming from the Digitakt and Digitone, recorded in one take and with no overdubs. I used the following plugins in post:
Phoenix (preamp sim)
ToTape6 (tape sim)
Thanks for watching!

The track is on pattern A10 and A11 on the project files available to patrons here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/75921698

5 Likes

You’re always killing it with these two boxes. I’m looking forward to the next video!

1 Like