Editing Digitone notes from a paired Digitakt

I’m pairing a Digitakt and Digitone with the Digitakt being the master. So all of my sequence data is on the Dtakt. But I’m just realizing that I can’t use the note/pitch editing features of the Dtone to edit the pitches of those Dtone tracks that are sequenced through the Dtakt. Is this actually the case? Should I make the Dtone the master instead?

Most people sync up their Elektron-Devices to follow Tempo and Pattern changes, but program the sequences on the different boxes themself.
So you do all the Drum and Sample stuff and Sequencing on the Digitakt and program your melodies, chords and stuff on the Digitone.
Elektron boxes are build to work together, so if you set it up correctly, pressing play on one device, will start all the others.

1 Like

Thank you! That clears that up.

You can connect them via midi, there is an instruction for this setup on one of the last pages of the digitone menu. You can use the digitakt to send transport control to the digitone, so they start and stop together.

You can also create a multimap on the digitone with a midi note for every pattern. That way you can trigger patterns om the digitone from one of the midi tracks on the digitakt.