El Capitan 10.11.4

“• Fixes an issue that caused USB audio devices to disconnect
• Improves the compatibility and reliability of Apple USB-C Multiport Adapters”

^ This was a major issue that was happening with me.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1869?locale=en_US

Just came across it since I was getting so aggravated. So El-Cap seems to be the main culprit. Haven’t really had any OB issues since I updated last night.

I’m curious to your Mac’s specs? Mine hasn’t been that great, even with 10.11.4 (2009 MBP 2.8ghz Core2Duo 15", 8GB, SSD)

Hey man,

mid 2012 Macbook Pro 15" (connected to Thunderbolt display)
2.6ghz intel core I7 w/ 8gigs
No ssd (slow as shit loading)

Ran it for a couple hours last night and didn’t have any problems: No dropouts, clicks, loud lock & static issues. However, some of the projects that saved with a disconnection require me to exit ableton, re-enter, re-open the project, delete the Rytm and A4 plugins, then place them back in.

well the goodness ended fast. I think these are El-Cap issues. Everything in Ableton, if I leave it open while not using anything in it, gets ‘disconnected.’ I hit play on transport control and nothing will play (not even my other external devices). My apps are back to not being able to be opened. They just sit there not opening.

When was the last time you did a fresh OS install? It may be time if you haven’t tried it.

I think you may be right on a fresh OS install. In fact, was looking at storage options last night. I was planning on adding an iMac in a couple months too, but read in the other thread someone was having an issue with the fusion drives.

A fresh install was what sorted me out. As a post production engineer in my day job, I’m always amazed how many problems get sorted by just wiping the slate clean. It can be tedious but it’s usually worth it.

You can get an iMac without a Fusion drive.
I’m using one without issue.

i got the terrible harsh noise back with 10.11.4 update

i know we live in a challenging time of supercomputers

and me the user spends more time to maintain the machine, testing software than actual working.

but this pissed me off today that the simple task i would love to experiment with like re route some sounds put an fft on the voice /since no midi out from the seq/ is so complicated

most of the software got no more support on the beloved 10.6.8 :frowning:
but since i got this 10.11.3(4) few monts now I feel that just go back 10.8.5 that was a more stable system /

Any one else suffering harsh digital noise since updating to OSX 10.11.4?

I was on Mountain Lion before and an itunes update was causing huge problems with disk permissions. So I had to update.

Mac Pro 2x 2…24gHz quad late 2009
16GB
SSD

I’m using OSX 10.11.4 and the harsh noise comes and goes. I stop using OB to record and only use it to edit A4 sounds and kits and to sync with Live. Nothing worse than having a great take only to be ruined due to the loud buzz/hiss during the middle of recording.

I get the same noise on my Windows 7 64bit machine as well so I don’t think OSX 10.11.4 is the only reason for this issue.