El Capitan support?

Oh, yeah… I’m familiar with that method but the Yosemite installer doesn’t exist in my store purchases anymore. Not such a huge deal for the moment. I just got the Rytm a couple weeks ago and it’s my first Elektron product so i’m still learning the in’s and outs of this machine. Just hoping they’ll have support for El Capitan in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed!

Even Native Instruments only got their El Capitan support like about a month ago. I’m still getting mails from various companies announcing compatibility for their soft- or hardware.
The reality is that almost everybody took a hit with the El Capitan update. And its been a while since Apple made an update that breaks so much.
So the companies that were going to release something for NAMM and already had their software done, took a double hit.

That all being said, it does seem worth it. I’m running El Capitan on a clean install, because my previous main drive was all updates from 10.5 I think.
And everything I’m running is running smoother than it did before. Not to mention all the background process that are gone now from whatever I installed over almost a decade.

Though its not recommended if you have a working system. And you have to make sure things actually work before upgrading. I got lucky, I only use the audio transmitting bit of Overbridge and that part just works in 10.11.

As for the “this takes longer than expected because resources went to making new stuff instead of bug fixes” argument… That is pretty much the default response on the Ableton forum if they add a new feature. And moot in this case, since we did get bugfixes from elektron ahead of new features.
I’m as anxious as anybody to see the update and do check for updates like a madman, but this isn’t my first rodeo…
We’d all love a world where updates came on time and have all the features and fixes we desire… But…

I fear 10.12… Better hurry make some quick songs when its released before it all goes down that incompatibility road again. :sob:

A few years later now, and El Capitan is now old hat, but the last version supported on my Macbook Pro.

Is Digitone + Overbridge possible on El Capitan?

No. Digitone requires Overbridge 2 which requires macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later.