Electra one - programmable midi (CC, SysEx, NRPN) controller

I grabbed one at the lower price pretty quick after the announcement.

No shipping notifications for me yet. I’m in the U.S. though so shipping might be a little more of a pain for me.

I’m not in a huge rush but I wanted to grab it before the price increase tomorrow.

I’m in the US and have gotten my notification.

1 Like

That’s a good sign. Maybe I was late getting on the wait list? I’ve been charged so I assume I’ll get one eventually :slight_smile:

Edit: Martin kindly just emailed me to confirm that the orders are going out as received.

I’m just slower than you guys :joy:

1 Like

Got a very friendly mail telling me that mine is going to be sent out next week … guess I was a bit too late to the party.

1 Like

But you got in! That’s what counts :slight_smile:

He told me next week as well. It’s understandable since this the first time they’ve been able to ship units in months. I don’t think anybody is complaining though (I’m not).

I bet they are building them in house and he told me they received a lot of orders. They are probably going to be hunched over soldering stuff, assembling, and testing all week/weekend.

1 Like

Does anybody know if there are already a lot units out there? Is this the 2nd, 3rd, 10th batch?

1 Like

I think there’s probably been something like 4-6 batches? not sure how many in each…

I’d have guessed something like a couple of hundred units?
there are 251 users on the ElectraOne forum… so I’d say its probably in that ballpark.
(obviously some users won’t register on forum, and some will register and not buy)

(fun speculation - and Im sure Martin would tell us, if we asked :slight_smile: )

unfortunately, numbers have been limited due to availability of components (which obviously got worst for everyone) - but thats actually allowed the project as a whole (firmware, community, presets) to grow/mature at nice ‘organic’ rate, which I think has been a good thing .

its good you have got your orders in, Martin seems to be able to fill the wishlist… but the ones ‘left over’ always seem to go out of stock very quickly !
(and then there is a pause whilst he waits for components again… rinse, and repeat!)

3 Likes

hi, I got myself an account so that @thetechnobear does not have to answer all the questions :slight_smile:

There are little over 500 units around. Some of the users are very active while others just disappear after the purchase. Current batch is the 5th one, with 200 units in it.

18 Likes

Hé Martin, welcome here!

1 Like

Makes me feel even better supporting a thoughtful and considerate person :slight_smile:

Welcome, this is one of the nicer communities online :wink:

4 Likes

Has anybody received his unit already?

i guess its too late to get on the 499€ list?

Yup, I’ve had mine for a few days now. Haven’t gotten into the internals yet, still getting a feel for making presets. Surprisingly dense bit of gear, it feels really solid and well made.

3 Likes

You missed it by 4 days :confused:

1 Like

What are you using it with so far?

I’ve signed for the 459EUR list. But there was no 459EUR list…Only 499 list. I believe we are all victims of a major speculation from components and gasoline producers. I’ll keep my buck for another time.
I’m keeping E1 as a top project :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know :frowning: I really wanted to keep the original price at least for the people on the list. It was not doable eventually. eg. the price of the main CPU went from 10USD to 63USD (or delivery in August 2022).

13 Likes

Hello.
I’ve had the E1 for a few months now. Have mostly used it for controlling @Ess Fors synths. Its been great for that as it makes the plugin more interactive for me. I’ve not dived in too deep yet but I believe this is quite open to do what you think of. The build is fantastic and I really love how the encoders are touch sensitive. Screen is touch as well. I’d also like to note that @martin.e1 has been really great with helping me out and in general communication on their forum.
If you have any specific questions I can do my best to answer.

8 Likes

I don’t suppose anyone has tried the E1 with a Zoia? I just got the Euro version and would love a way to crack open the interface a little for to make it more performative. I’d also love to do the same with my U-He plugs in the box, so the E1 seems like a potentially wonderful tool for these purposes.

Ladies and gentlemen… I’m proud to announce that I just received my Electra One! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::star_struck:

7 Likes