Electra one - programmable midi (CC, SysEx, NRPN) controller

Welcome to the Happy E1 Owners Club :partying_face:

2 Likes

Not yet but Zoia is on my list and I will make them work together :wink:

2 Likes

Hm… I know this is a MIDI controller. But I kinda miss a power off button. And I suppose a screensaver/powersave? Can’t be too good for the screen to be always on, showing always the same, right?

Keep pressed right bottom button then left bottom button to turn off the screen :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Haha… display brightness 0 is being saved even after reboot. Better don’t set it to 0!! Kinda bricked right now :sweat_smile:

Do a hard reset and reload the firmware–that should sort you!

pressing right bottom button should bring the screen saver back to off

no idea… it neither activated nor deactivated it… will later start reading tf manual and reset the device :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ive not got a Zoia (though, no reason it wouldn’t work!)
I’ve found the E1 to be really useful with Eurorack, where increasing we are getting modules with some midi control … but small screens, so nice to break out the UI.
also, its often more comfortable to have a desktop unit for that hands on control.
so far (in eurorack) Ive used it with Percussa SSP, Squarp Hermod, Squarp Rample…

of course the other great thing, is it can also control non-eurorack gear at the same time, so be a central control…
(e.g. often, whilst im controlling eurorack modules with it, I’ll have it also control the octatrack)

1 Like

thats not correct…
it is not a setting, and does not get saved … it just turns the backlight off.
(and pressing any button turns it back on again)
(and to be double sure, I actually tried on my E1 :wink: and this is not the case)

are you sure the backlight is OFF when you reboot… or is just nothing displayed?
when you reboot the E1, do you see the firmware ‘loading’ screen?

there are some reset instructions in the manual which id try.
(it can also do things like be told not to reload the first preset - useful if it becomes corrupt somehow)

otherwise, Id reach out to Martin.
best to do this on the E1 forum, you can create a topic (with details about what the E1 is doing when it reboots) , just tag Martin… or you can DM him on the E1 forum too.

1 Like

not even the loading screen, no :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I‘ll figure it out…

Edit: Or not… haha :smiley: uploaded “new” firmware (as described in “Troubleshooting: Hard reset”) – it’s still black . Sucks to be me I guess!

Thanks for that feedback. That was enough to push me over the edge. I’d bought a EC4 for this sort of thing, but even with the LCD it’s more cryptic than I’d like, so I’m going to flip that and go all in on the Electra.

on mine, last firmware, hardware 2.2, only bottom right button will bring the screen back to life (saver off). I believe it’s since last firmware update, i would swear that it was like you described before the last before (any buttons). Maybe @martin.e1 could check this or refresh our memory. Thanx

Where do you have 2.2 from? I only saw 2.1.3? …and apparently I need 2.2 to fix my issue… or I’m mixing up HW revision with FW …

2.2 is hardware revision , not firmware

1 Like

oh, its quite possible I always press this button instinctively… Ive had the E1 for quite a while now. anyway, main point was power cycle will always bring back on.

if the screen is blank after a power cycle, and the firmware loading screen is not even coming up, its something else.
sounds like a failure during startup, if you connect to a computer you may see some hints in the ElectraOneConsole app.

odd though, Ive only ever had issues when doing development, either with generated presets (so not using editor) or my own firmware.
seems also odd, that it just happened out of the blue… i.e. not during a firmware update or something.

outside that (frankly non-normal-use-case) , my E1 has been totally reliable… (with all firmware revisions)

1 Like

Well… I guess there is a bug with the display brightness feature that seems to be pretty fresh implemented.

same here!

ah, you set the brightness to zero then powered it down (why?) … rather than powered it down whilst “sleeping”. I guess that might be retained… Id have to go check the source code.

if so, contact Martin, one of the button combos at startup might ignore that…
(worst case, we could create a small firmware that reset this to factory default)

1 Like