Elektron ECC-6 Backpack

I just discovered this backpack while browsing the accessories page on Elektron’s website. It reminds me of my Timbuk2 backpack (look up the Timbuk2 “Tuck Pack”–mine is in full black).

I am super tempted to get this, especially since it has slightly more utility, plus my backpack would be way more unique ( :cowboy_hat_face: ) – however I am assuming they have nowhere near as good of a warranty for this bag as Timbuk2 does (though Timbuk2 is primarily a bike messenger bag maker).

No gigs this year to make the most of this great backpack, but it has been my go to for walking trips to the grocery!

Love how expandable the main compartment is. Great for loading it up but also tightening it up to keep it all secure. And still pretty comfortable as a backpack when fully loaded up!

4 Likes

Same here, this has become my main on the go bag!

2 Likes

I revive the thread since I would like to know if the ecc-6 can contain a Digitakt, a digitone, an analog four mki (all the units with the decksavers), the cables and a laptop…
Thanks

I’m afraid not. I comfortably max out my ECC-6 with an OT, Digitone, Micro Modular, and cables. Or I exchange the OT for my MBP.

If planning to fit all the above, My concerns would be damaging the laptop due to pressure or the digi’s rattling on top of eachother infront of the compartmental divider.

I vastly prefer the quality and comfort of the ECC-6 over my Thomann bag, but the Thomann exceeds in use of space and compartmental design. The Thomann still wouldn’t fit all you are looking for though.

there is a separate side zippered compartment for the laptop, so it doesn’t need to go in with the rest of the gear

With that said, it might be a bit tight still, i haven’t loaded it that full.

I’m unable to fit my early 2013 15" mbp in the rear zipper compartment. I could probably force it in, but the seam just doesn’t open quite far enough. Could easily fit a 13", air, or possibly newer 15". Would need to be a pretty slim PC.
If one’s laptop fits in that back pocket, then I’d say laptop, 1 big box elektron, 2 digi’s and cables would be possible but max it out tight.

2 Likes

This really nice looking. My old (nice) bag is getting pretty ancient and my wife sort of commandeered it over the last couple of years.

Might have to grab this for my next 10-15 year bag :slight_smile:

1 Like

How thick does the fabric seem? Something that would last a long time?

The fabric is very thick and rugged, more so than any backpack/duffel bag i’ve owned. The build quality is top notch, I don’t worry about the zippers splitting or ripping or the strap seams/joints ripping.
Compared to my Thomann bag which arrived with a dud zipper track that won’t seal and a strap joint that ripped at the seam after 2 months of light use.

The only downside of the ECC-6 is the lack of padding and pockets.

3 Likes

Thanks! Highly considering it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still want one of those, …it’s just that my Hedgren 3-way bag is still going strong after +15 years and carries a bunch of gear well padded in the cabin under the front seat. Stories about winning teams and change.

Will this bad boy fit an Octratrack, Digitone and Digitakt with desksavers?

If not, has anyone found a good solution for traveling with said units?

Thnx :robot:

It’s pretty deep. I can get my AR and OT inside, with decksavers. They’d be arranged as if one were resting on the other, on a desk, but then tipped onto their sides. I imagine you’ll want some way to support the DN and DT, so they don’t slip and rub each other. Also, hold the decksavers on with rubber bands (or similar).

yea, OT/DN/DT should work.
use the inner large laptop-ish sleeve for OT (not the tablet pocket on the back)
and then stack the DT/DN in the largest part of the main compartment.

I use these elastic velcro cinch straps to keep the deck savers secure.

cables and PSUs may be a challenge, depending on how much you have. But a little pouch hooked to one of the outer loops of the back via carabiner would work.

3 Likes

Thx, I was looking for these. Seems there’s an EU equivalent Click, pretty much looks the same, same size, 8 pack. Gotta love global capitalism. :rofl:

2 Likes

would the ecc6 hold a MD, a Faderfox MX12 (which is OT/MD/A4ARmk1 sized) and a DN?

I think so.

Unrelated, yesterday I took this bag to the tennis court with about 60 tennis balls inside.

12 Likes

Extremely overpriced

Subjective.

Cheapest 60 tennis ball capacity bag I’ve ever owned!

6 Likes