Elektron Gear and Xmas Sale 2022

Hello all,
do you guys think there going to be any deals on Elektron Gear this Xmas? Is this something Elektron does?
I was just to slow and missed last Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals on Elektron Hardware.
Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t know but there’s a sale on OT at my local store (420 CAN$ off) :

It is 1659 CAN$ instead of 2079 CAN$.

They are all on sale at my local store. It must be Canada wide.

All Elektron products were on sale in Canada at Long & McQuade just days ago. Now, it’s only the AR and A4 with about $300 off each:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/search/6/4024/Elektron/

I just financed a Digitone a couple of weeks before the sale but went back this week and they adjusted my purchase to the sale price. :slight_smile: I wish I could afford the A4 as well. Helluva good deal!

2 Likes

Sales at Elektron on rare, inconsistent and typically very short-lived (encouraging impulse buying). Not the customer base you’d normally be after… I’d actually reward loyal, recurring customers…

Also their pricing strategy seems odd… E.g. a while ago you would typically pick up new Digitakts for 600-650EUR. Fair price… But now they cost even significantly more than when they were released 5 years ago… Figure that out!

Your best strategy is to determine what it’s worth to you and buy it immediately when you see it advertised near that price.

E.g. I replaced my MD with an AR when prices briefly dropped to 1299EUR. Now they are almost 33% more expensive… and although the AR is still one of the best drumboxes, I wouldn’t even consider it at the current price.

If they do a Xmas or holiday sale, I would be willing to buy a Syntakt at 699-749EUR to complement my AR. If not, I’d happily buy the Arturia MiniFreak, which is a steal at 599EUR. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I scored deals on Digitone, Rytm MK2 and Analog Heat MK2 so I’m very happy. All three tons of fun and what I need to fill in the gaps for house, techno and dance music production. Roland has a sale as well and I’m debating whether to get the JU-06a or JX-08 for trance and house melodic synth creation. Next year, honestly can win the no gear challenge as it will take me a few years to master and produce with the new Elektrons and modular.

1 Like

I wanted to buy a friends MD several years ago after it was my first Elektron experience but he is a collector synth gear hoarder and would not sell it even though he has a Rytm and tons of modular gear lol.

thank you for all your thoughts and tips. I will patiently wait and see what happens…

No Xmas or holiday sale from Elektron this year… :frowning:

But Arturia was happy to take my money… :slight_smile:

Lots of fun with my new MiniFreak (and an update to my V Collection).

1 Like

There were a couple markdowns in early December for all the boxes. If you were on the hardware deals thread you would have seen it. Wait till March/April when people get their tax refund checks and you might see temporary markdowns then