Elektron model:cycles USB Connectivity Issue

Hi there,

I recently bought a model:cycles and it’s great! Just having a problem - the unit is unable to be detected by my Mac when plugging in through the USB port.

I have connected through the USB port to try to sync audio and midi via USB but the unit isn’t showing up as either an audio or midi device. I’m on firmware version 1.13 but when I try to use the Transfer application I’m not seeing the device in the midi in or out ports (and the device is definitely set up to use the A+M USB mode!)

Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

You may want to switch to using the Elektron supplied cables if you’re not using them already, and/or, if you have the option, move the computer and M:C away from other cables (USB, power). I had some bizarre symptoms including flaky USB/model connection early on … doing those things made it all manageable.

1 Like

Ah thanks. I wondered if it might be that - I bought the unit used and don’t have the original usb cable (though I have tried a bunch of others, but still no joy).

I think I know of a shop that sells the units that might have one on display so I’ll give them a bell tomorrow.

An Elektron official cable fixed it. WTF but also thanks!

3 Likes