Elektron Qtrack confirmed in a dream

Since when did Sweden move to Japan?

1 Like

Well the first 8 tracks are the 4 stereo/8 mono inputs, and then the 9th is the ‘side-track’ where we spend more time on the forum than using the device.

4 Likes

Depending on the quality of your music, you might be on the right track

Damn when I dream it’s usually some weird Freudian shit. What’s your secret?

Hah, the quality is low, and if I’m honest, Elektron have brought the ‘side-track’ feature to market way too late. Like literally every piece of gear I own already has it.

2 Likes

No song mode. I’m out

3 Likes

We probably need to talk about its sound quality and whether it’s still relevant in 2023.

In seriousness it could be healthy to have a fictional scapegoat device we can hang on. The way couples might invent a fictional third person they can blame all the minor day to day household annoyances on.

In further seriousness, I would buy one of these.

2 Likes

Can i use 8 mono samples? Does it lock to scale?
It has a sequencer? Of course, it needs a song mode.

thy will be done

i had a dream about an a4 mk3 once
this was my intepretation
c087d2dac691174c70afab51c69fc296d5f99e50
i wish my dream had all the functional details that yours did

also, there’s this

3 Likes

Did you dream about the sound quality?

I was also wondering could the four stereo tracks be used as mono tracks, but since it only had four fx chains, maybe not… And I’m pretty sure there was a song mode. You could then just have 4 bar loop going into it and create a full song out of it by just automating effects.

It was meant to be used as a creative bus mixer and mastering unit, a little bit like Analog Heat, but with more options, so I’m sure the sound is as good as it gets.

@Encephalitislerthargi That Dreams about gear topic you posted is cool! Reminds me of a dream I had years ago, where I found my friend’s old Octatrack mk1 in a dumpster, but it still worked. We had used that machine to create the perfect club hit, and I was happy to find that the memory card still contained the perfect snare sample we used for that track. The sample file was called black_sizzle.wav. I was super happy I found the sample because I thought it was lost and I believe it was the soul of our track. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find that sample from my computer since that dream.

Black_sizzle.wav! The key to music! You’ve unlocked the Secret!

1 Like

No xfader, no vol faders…

QTrack mk2 feature request thread plz

2 Likes

I had a dream of the QVtrack, which was four Quadraverbs with p-locks in a Digi-sized box. Make it happen, benevolent overlords.

2 Likes

Avatar changes are so disorienting!

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Ok, changing back, but here’s a screenshot for the record:

no not yet it gets better

1 Like

Fine

no do it, it will be easier

the element of surprise is lost, i can’t find where I put your avatar

1 Like