Elektron syntakt techno rumble

as i hear it, it is a reverse reverb, perhaps from an alesis midiverb. in this track, the basic (the origin of the) idea is very simple to hear.

personally, i prefer gabber kicks, they are like yumyumyumyum for me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Gabber kicks?

Hereā€™s a test for fun. Iā€™ve used Digitakt as Synthie (not sampler - square wave), but it would be identical with the same settings on the sy bits machine on the Syntakt.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that just rumble?

As I understand it, itā€™s not only a reverb, itā€™s a duplicate sound with a different eq, filter, drive, reverbā€¦maybe different techniquesā€¦

1 Like

No expertise here. My previous comment was mostly a joke. Iā€™ve watched a couple of tutorials on different techniques, and heard a few records. I think youā€™re right that many techniques exist.

Itā€™s kinda weird that the sound of warehouse reverb has become such a signature of records played in warehouses with damped reverberations. Maybe itā€™s not that weirdā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

Looks like we have the next Syntakt- Challenge here!

Let the games begin, I mean let those kick rumble through the clubs :sunglasses::metal:

Some good rumble I guess.

There are a few ways. Syntakt is a bit limited but try using the hard kick, plus an analog voice with dual osc at low notes, band pas filter, one fast lfo modulating the filter frequency a little. one LFO on oneshot mode modulating the amp vol in a negative way (exp wave). Use trig locks on the spots where the kick is played to create a bit of pumping. Then going through the AFX block. use overdrive, the ducking method and filtering.

Personally not a fan of the reverberation to achieve this type of thing. Often on a big system it will just sound like a big mush. Itā€™s also a bit funny. The desire to create that sound came from techno played in actual warehouses with natural reverb. So now we put that into a track, which is then played in a big hall. It will mostly sound nice on your headphones ;). Not to say the technique with reverb is completely useless because when done right it can be cool. But on syntakt we simply lack the control over the reverb to achieve this in the correct way imho :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Sounds legit :+1:

Patch notes?

Almost forgot this. Instead of SyBits (see Digitakt blabla above), Iā€™ve used the digital kick (first example) and analog kick (second example) here. 2 Tracks each.

However, I prefer this any time:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes