Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I didn’t when it showed up on my YouTube Recommendations, but now I definitely do.

2 Likes

Haha I had the experience this year after reading some news about a possible DT update . Whole thread was deleted. I really hope Elektron brings us a new box with VA synthesis . Single Cycles on DT and OT is cool but a Full synth Engine would be better

6 Likes

I don’t care what it is but i really hope it has dimmable led’s.

11 Likes

LXR02 is nice…but if:

Syntakt = MicroTonic in Digitakt Format.
Then:
:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Me too! I love my new LXR-02 but it’s far from an Elektron machine.
EDIT: This is regarding the sequencer and general editing. Soundwise the LXR-02 sounds fantastic.

3 Likes

I hope it has a teaser campaign of 3 months, that would be ace :+1:

6 Likes

If it is a mini-MD, it could be released this year in view of the 20th anniversary.

Edit: it should ^^

6 Likes

Not. I like it this way better: Showed on Superbooth, two weeks later in the stores. Bam!

6 Likes

Calibrate your sarcasm detector^^ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pfffttt…

To me, that’s the most obvious interpretation of ‘Syn’ + ‘Takt’ … subtractive synthesis, digital or otherwise.

Curious how they didn’t register the Syntone yet. It would make total sense if they would bring out a similar device to the digitone but analog if they bring out an “analog digitakt” (aka Syntakt). Would be a shame if anyone did that before them…

LXR02 sound + elektron workflow would be an instant buy. I am completely spoiled by elektron sequencers. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can’t even imagine what this would be like. An analog sampler? Using tape or what, hah? Analtakt?

4 Likes

Well, a digitakt is both a drum machine and a sampler. So, an analog drum machine would make more sense than an analog sampler. Still, one could imagine an analog sampler having a bunch of analog oscillators and filters that are digitally controlled in a way that the resulting sound is as close as possible to a wave file you upload to the device. Would be f’n awesome.

1 Like

What if it’s just a midi clock :sob:

2 Likes

Plus 4 USB Ins for 4 Overbridge enabled devices including 4 fresh FXs

1 Like

Idk man, is digitakt a drum machine or a sampler, maybe a groovebox? No Song mode means its not very good at filling the role of a drum machine.

2 Likes

I once searched eBay for a Polyvox and the next thing I see is a message flash up on my iPhone saying “Still searching for vintage anal?”

:rofl:

5 Likes

This is actually a really neat and unique idea. I wouldn’t expect Elektron to make what you describe, but could be really cool to have a lofi modeling synth with a variety of aliasing algorithms. Would be like synthesizing human voices and sound effects back in the 8-bit and 16-bit game days.

I 100% think the Syntakt is definitely going to be a digital drum synthesizer, basically Volca Drum with a Digitakt form factor.

My guess is that they are using the Takt part of the name for two reasons: it will look extremely similar to the Digitakt and are allowing Digi to imply samples and Syn to imply synthesis. Also, the Digitakt is their biggest product hit, and they want some of that brand recognition to spill over to the new device.

Basically, balancing marketing with avoiding consumer confusion.

5 Likes