Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I mean, the stuff that is written right above the display of the digitakt says ‘8 voice drum computer and sampler’. But, I don’t know either if this represents the true essence of a digitakt. For example it is a perfectly capable door stopper as well.

7 Likes

Its funny isnt it, A4 is a lot better drum machine than the digitakt yet they dont call it a drum machine.

2 Likes

Just for that text and the fact that the audio tracks are named Kick, Snare, Hat, etc, I always hoped for a drum synthesis update (or upgrade) for the Digitakt. Maaaaybe, that’s it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why bother trademarking an update tho?

Plus the trademark is for hardware, not software.

2 Likes

LXR02 That would be a instant buy.
Still like my MD a lot.

Use Digitone enclosure, sequencer, filters effects etc. replace oscillators with Plaits models.

Simples!

4 Likes

I don’t really need any new gear, but I hope they tease it out like the M:C release! I love speculation threads while at work!

They trademarked Overbridge

1 Like

It means «time signature» or «measure»/«bar».
At least in Norwegian :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it would sound way better than 8 and 16 bit music because analog is not limited by the bit range. That would only be the case if you had 8 or 16 oscillators with fixed frequencies which you can only manipulate by volume. If you add filters, envelopes etc you should be able to do awesome stuff. I mean in many film scores I really have trouble figuring out if something is played by a 4 or 8 voice analog synthesizer with some effects or a huge string ensemble.

True. That is rather something that google would do. And in fact they did already something similar https://nsynthsuper.withgoogle.com/
You would only need to to replace the neural net that translates the latent variables into wave files with one that spits out parameters for your analog oscilators/filters/effects. Sounds like a fun project :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you’re right, Overbridge is described as a program, and Syntakt as an instrument.

3 Likes

I hope it’s a digi size MD/MnM in silver.

9 Likes

it annoys me more than it really should that they call digitakt a drum computer :joy:
it’s a sampler with drum names written beside some of the trigs.

14 Likes

Plaits sounds soooooo good!!! That in a Elektron box would be incredible!

4 Likes

Syn could be a play on “Sin”. Maybe it’s a DT with angry eyebrows.

And before you flag this comment let me remind you that Shadow the Hedgehog breathed new life into the Sonic Adventure series.

3 Likes

I hope it’s got a beard.

9 Likes

Analtakt and analbeard confirmed

2 Likes

Oh jeez… the analogue modeling Digi I have been waiting for?

:blush:

I remember when the digitakt came out the “takt”meant something drum
related.

Edit:

Jep

1 Like