Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Instabuy!

1 Like

Damn, now thereā€™s GAS all over the place

1 Like

i really hope this is not a drum-takt. we have so many percussion options already. cycles is great, so is rytm. and i assume machinedrum is cool. what about something that doesnā€™t exist like a subtractive polysynth with 4 tracks in digi format? that would solve all of my problems with constantly switching back and forth between the a4 and the digitone for a midi sequencer for my other synths + portable groovebox

the digitone in theory is extremely powerful. four separate synths tied together with the incredible sequencer (with midi out per track) and p locks/sound locks. imagine that plus an incredible (analog or digital with analog filter) polysynth. it would be the most powerful groovebox ever made

in fact, i think multiple versions of the digitone with different synthesis machines would be extremely popular. i guess a monomachine sequel would combine those into one, so thatā€™s basically what im hoping for i guess. a modular-in-a-box style sound design machine in digi format would be cool too. something with a complex oscillator source (maybe 0-coast inspired), noise sources, mutable warps influenced effects, multiple signal routing options like a strega or jomox t-resonator would also be really cool. DigicrĆØte

but yeah, sounds like a drum synth. what a shame

7 Likes

Well the name kind of suggests a drum synthesizer. Takt is swedish for beat or rhythm

2 Likes

You already have it in your A4 :wink:

4 Likes

EDIT: sorry, not a 6-8 voice polysynth that iā€™ve been dreaming of. not a very flexible synth engine. i love the A4 and i agree, its powerful and can sound great, but i get very tired of itā€™s limitations very quickly. my presets range from unusable crazy (but cool) fm sounds to very similar sounding plucky mono synth patches. i do appreciate the complexity in itā€™s restrictions and the fact that you have to work to make something complex by combining noise pings with filter fmā€™ed textures and bowed string-like drones all sound locked and interacting across tracks with feedback routing and neighbor machines. i would just really like to see an extension of itā€™s synth engine and voice count

the digitone is so powerful because you can actually build full compositions on it. itā€™s possible on the a4, but the options are very limiting with 4 voices across 4 tracks. obviously im aware that it can be a 4 voice poly. but why would you use it that way? would more voices not be ideal? itā€™s much easier, for me at least, to build complete songs with the digitone because of the number of voices. the digitone is a groovebox to me. plus, the most interesting percussion sounds iā€™ve ever heard have come from the elektron synths like the dn, mnm, and a4. but i digress

i am a fan, just want another option

1 Like

Syn (synth?)
Syntax (arranger?)
Takt (drumbeat?)

2 Likes

Itā€™s a machinedrum innit.

6 Likes

No? How is it not a polysynth?

It can be a 4-voice poly and it has the most tweakable parameters in terms of sheer numbers compared to other Elektron synths.

But anyway, I get your point that another drum synth could be a boring decision.

1 Like

I wonder what this would even cost being basically all the parts needed to make a DT/DN but having half the functionality. Iā€™d like one if it was cheaper but I couldnā€™t see it being cheap enough to justify it

1 Like

True, but it was just a fun mockup, I donā€™t think anything like that would be released.

Just a quick one. I would probably buy one of these. :heart_eyes:

20 Likes

That would be sweet af. And an 8-track MnM partner :heart_eyes: Come on, Elektron, reissue them and rid us all of those crazy second-hand prices!

6 Likes

I would actually welcome a red on black screen for the Digis.

8 Likes

I remember MM always considered as a ā€žsosoā€œ sound engine with good but not perfect sequencerā€¦ last time I was interested i found MM for 450$ but decided to pass it to a friend (he still uses it ).

I believe thereā€™s no real need to reissue it, but make something better soundingā€¦ new algorithmsā€¦ DT was a step into right direction

5 Likes

By all means improve them, but still keep their essence. Itā€™s been requested so much on here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

lmao :rofl:

The problem is, as consumers, we lack the imagination to think of new and better innovations, so all we do is ask for things we already know and love.

I for one would be disappointed with any sort of MM or MnM reissue or reimagining, as both the MM and MnM already exist.

I want something new, something interesting.

24 Likes

Exactly

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure those hoping for a Machinedrum II are hoping for something new.

The concept (flexible digital synthesis Machines) is good.

9 Likes