Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

how do you know this? i want to believe

Its wishful thinking.

People have been swearing that there will be internal drum synthesis on the DT since it was announced.

Having owned and loved a DT for a good while, I think adding internal drum synthesis would actually diminish it. It was already an excellent machine, and the most recent update might have made it perfect

7 Likes

Actually it would make me buy it. I have trinity + DN and I love this form factor especially when going outside of my flat. I donā€™t need DT now because AR and OT cover this teritory very well. Nevertheless, having small brick with digital drum synthesis to compliment AR would ba a great idea. Actually DN compliments A4/AK extremely well, then why not?

Not to mention DN is a great drum synth itself, but the number of tracks is not enough for it to be full drum machine.

2 Likes

Then what you need isnā€™t the DT but the supposed ST if thatā€™s what it is/what it will be called.

If you canā€™t wait, the MC is pretty good

2 Likes

what ifā€¦(hear me out here), synthtakt is a new in-person training course where they teach you tactical (takt) music approaches with a synth?

preview

This https://youtu.be/lyLPh2us35g

1 Like

Hopefully itā€™s elektron take on a synthi

2 Likes

Whatever it is, I hope the next elektron sequencer has some algorithmic functions or some fully integrated euclidean option.

12 Likes

Dont be so hyped everyone. Maybe we wont see anything until namm 2023. elektron seems to undergo massive changes

1 Like

The trademark isnā€™t for a Model model so yes.

This hype slowly starting to fade out ā€¦ or ?

1 Like

This simply canā€™t be. Come on, 300 more posts, everyone!

3 Likes

We need to get to 10,000 posts and have the thread locked prior to the announcement of whatever the hell this is.

5 Likes

All right, another 9,300 posts about a single made-up word. Letā€™s go!

7 Likes

Ok so with the recent departures of Cenk and Ess, is it reasonable to assume the Syntakt is the last, or one of the last, new products guided by the old team?

Traditionally, on a Tuesday?

1 Like

Digital drum synth with emulated machines from machinedrum but not limited to these. In digitakt form factor.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think so.

From what we hear, Ess had a large role in the DN and M:C and lesser roles in other products, and Cenk had little to do in design, so your notion of an ā€œold teamā€ gone seems not very representative of the reality.

15 Likes

Maybe this will be the first new Elektron instrument that offers ā€œparameter slideā€ as a function since the RYTM. I canā€™t get too excited by Elektron instruments that donā€™t offer this basic and highly useful function that made me like Elektron in the first place.

5 Likes

Ah gotcha. Iā€™m not well versed on the history, I just remember a bunch of people on reddit bemoaning big changes in the company when Cenk left.

Cent is an artist who was paid to demo and present Elektron gear basically.

4 Likes