Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Rumor Variant

… or vice versa?

4 Likes

I’ve had a good look through the Argos book, no Syntakt in there, so it’s not going on my Christmas list.

7 Likes

Haha! Argos!
Shit do they still exist? The laminated book of dreams.

5 Likes

The whole “takt” thing ruins my hopes of a VA/wavetable based Digi box. Booooo! Though, a MD type thing would be neato groovy.

5 Likes

Again what if it is:
Synt akt ?

1 Like

It is an electronic confessional, into which one may confess their sins and be absolved, their soul remaining intact. Hence: Syntakt.

Are we going to get to 1000 posts on the strength of seven letters?

6 Likes

Barely.

Just 911 to go! We can do it

2 Likes

So then is the Digitakt actually the Digit-akt? Haha.

If it turns out to be a god damn text-to-speech synth I’m going to sell all of my Elektron gear

Watch them put all their chips on Vocaloid tech

2 Likes

Syn is a word in Swedish.
So is synt.

93/1000

It’s made matrixsynth.com so it must be true.

Or a weird loop. ( more likely)
I’m going to mute this thread. Be back when / if something is announced.

1 Like

It is true. Elektron apllied for the Syntakt trademark. Click.
But that’s all.

Btw, I clearly remember Cenk saying “takt” was swedish for beat (I think it was when the DT was released), but I can’t find that in the dictionary…They fooled us all along…

2 Likes

When/if Elektron does announce a real product they’ll launch a new official thread, and this thread can be abandoned.

In the mean time this thread does fill a role, it’s where all this discussion goes, instead of spilling out a half dozen other places.

But there’s nothing wrong posting here.

Maybe they’ll expand the Digitakt with engines and the “Syntakt” will be the first off them.

Kind of like choosing between sampling or a Syntakt track.

9 Likes

Digislag would’ve been hilarious in English

10 Likes

It’s in Google Translate, not that GT is entirely trustworthy. But there are also Swedish forum members who have not contradicted this.

1 Like

99/1000

1 Like