Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I’m still waiting on the successor to the DigitOne, the Digit Two

16 Likes

With double the voices!!

1 Like

it’s obviously going to be a new VA synth, modern MM

3 Likes

How long is Elektron’s typical wait time from announcement to shipping product, usually?

1 Like

Intakt Syntax

‘syn’ would indicate synthesis. But what does ‘takt’ mean to Elektron? Does it mean Digitakt form factor like Digitone? Or does it mean a drum machine focus? or a sampling focus? I think that is about the only way to approach this.

I suspect it will be a drum synth.

It varies. Pretty short, but the original Digitakt was at NAMM 2017 under glass, so no touching. It was a mock up, and it was a while before launch.

My guess…

This will be a new flagship. An Octatrack form factor groovebox that allows for assigning “machines” to each track that essentially mimic a single channel of the DT, DN, or new VA / Drum Synth track. There will also be audio inputs/live sampling. Kind of like the MC707 allows for different drum, synth, or looper tracks.

Can you imagine how crazy that would be?!

(DN could also get an update to allow for optional VA engine to be assigned to tracks instead of the current FM engine)

13 Likes

You sold me. I just pre-ordered from the guy in the alley. He seemed legit.

6 Likes

Maybe like the same capabilities of the DN/OT/DT combo, but in one box. :heart_eyes:

Don’t do this to me…I need this…

Synfart?

4 Likes

Machinegång

so
Digitakt = 8 voice digital drum computer & sampler
Digitone = polyphonic digital synthesizer

Syntakt = ?

maybe they’re getting rid of the ‘digital’ aspect of this one. still has the “takt” tho so probably still a drum computer or at least geared towards being a drum machine…but using synthesis that maybe isn’t digital?

or at least a drum machine that isn’t sample-based, and instead synthesis of some sort or another. could still be digital of course, and if so this would obviously put it as an MD-adjacent machine.

could be a combo of analog and digital synthesis for a drum computer too, which would likely be putting it in direct competition with the upcoming Korg drumlogue.

1 Like

Put me down for machinetakt.

2 Likes

I’m gonna posit a guess, just for funsies. It’s a platform hardware piece. Meaning, it’ll be a box that can be loaded with different firmware depending on whether you want it to be a drum machine or a synth machine. Or maybe anything at the same time, as mentioned above! Large display, 4-8 encoders. The real critical part is whether they breathe some new tricks into the sequencer. If so, sign me up.

5 Likes

…will it ask you to Like and Subscribe to download the new firmware?

4 Likes

Like the Roland aira plugout thing?

No interest in that sort of thing personally.

Probably will sell like hot pink TD3s

2 Likes

It’s pronounced Sinetakt

2 Likes

I’m just gonna throw it out there that Elektron is due for a big box, math wise. This has been the longest gap between big boxes in the history of Elektron, if there will be another one.

2 Likes