Elektronauts dnb/jungle tunes/tips

Here’s a couple from me. These are the first things I made when I got the octa. Jungle isn’t my main thing but I it’s super fun to chop up breaks and sometimes I can’t resist. Also love getting on a breakcore tip too. Anyway hope you all dig.

10 Likes

Super dope fella, excellent work…:+1:

Here’s one of my live Octatrack Jungle sets from a few months ago. really lovin’ the sounds I’m hearing in this thread. I’m inspired to make more Jungle!

11 Likes

M8 tracker - heavily inspired by 90’s mashup jungle [Austin M / Squarepusher and the like]

Drums are all samples.
everything else is internal synthesis.

11 Likes

I keep meaning to try a lower tempo bit of jungle, it’s way too easy to get stuck in that 170/4 habit, sounds great man👍

1 Like

That was intense mate, great to see so many of you breaking cover to post up your beats :grin:

1 Like

haha thanks Symian :joy::heart:

I dig your track. listened to it a few times there. lovely rollin beats. the chord in the background gives me Bukem Atlantis vibes.

Cheers fella I have my moments, sometimes it flows like a river other times I wanna throw my rig through a window…:rofl:

lol tell me about it :laughing:

1 Like

I dig it! Love the samples. The sword clash as a percussive element is a nice touch. The only thing I might have done is try to have a change of pacing/energy but I think the track still works well. Mix sounds good.

1 Like

Yeah I thought so too regarding the pacing and energy, this one’s been like a monkey on my back to be fair, it’s weird how some tracks can be so problematic to arrange and get a result from, thanks for the input and listening though, appreciate it :+1:

1 Like

Oh I totally get it. Sometimes you just have to be done with a track. On the other side of the coin, sometimes a track like this is useful in a DJ set.

1 Like

Wow the stuff everyone’s posting over the last day or so is all crazy good!

@Symian really digging your latest one. I liked the work in prog too tbf! I kind of like the fact it doesn’t quite ‘drop’ or have some kind of major moment, big new melody or whatever. It’s got a tension to it and rolls and it’s interesting and unpredictable but also kinda meditative. Eyes closed in a dark club vibes and would sound great in a mix.

1 Like

Thanks mate, I do like more minimal stuff sometimes, I find today’s style of massive drops and kick rolls a bit tiresome sometimes, I reckon at some point I’ll head back in and tweak it again but for now I’m sick of the sight of it, I actually knocked it together about 3 months ago but got so frusted with the project I nearly rage quit and deleted it😅… onwards and upwards, I’ve got two or three more unfinished beats I’d rather have a crack at for the time being…

3 Likes

Oh for sure! Not every track has to have the huge drops and such. I don’t like DJ mixes that are just constant bangers like that. The mix should have an ebb and flow to it.

1 Like

Just a clip of a new tune, pads on dn, tracker for breaks. Ambient jungle, Loving layering breaks lately.

14 Likes

Oh yea. This is that good, chillout, blaze-one Jungle/DnB.

3 Likes

Appreciate that!

3 Likes

Here’s another from me.
Live stream I did for the aussie crew in Dee’s lockdown times

9 Likes

Really fantastic mate, takes me back to the days of after parties :wink: hanging out on the come down .

1 Like