Elektronauts Hip-Hop Beat Battle #12 Lucky Number 1200 Edition - Voting and Feedback

Congrats to all of you! Was a pleasure once again!!
And congrats to the winner of course :slightly_smiling_face: What a sick beat

4 Likes

I thought your beat was great and a welcome change of pace and vibe.

4 Likes

Really interesting this time round getting more insight into the chops people used.
And really strong showing from everyone.

@Doug I was looking out for what beat was yours now they’ve been revealed, I must have scanned the list half dozen times lol

5 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t able to get it together. I started to make one but I couldn’t really get beyond a little loop. And that worked out since Unifono did a much better track with the same sample.

6 Likes

Congratulations everyone, and I deeply mean it.
This playlist is truly awesome, it’s the best battle output I’ve witnessed as far as I can tell.
VERY impressed!

7 Likes

Congratz to the winners! Maybe next one can limit the total sample time to 5s? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I feel honored, always love your beats. Hope you will be satisfied again next time

2 Likes

Congrats to @polarfox, @Unifono, and @Yabba! And an excellent group. I liked every single entry. Since voting is over, I edited back in comments on my original voting post

I overlooked that I was supposed to have a note on samples used. Sorry! Here’s mine (Beat 2):

Submitted samples:
–Bass and guitar: “Brave Captain” by Firehose
–Piano: “Windmills of Your Mind” by Louis Van Dijk Trio.
Other samples:
–Kick: 808 sample
–Clap: library I don’t remember. An MPC3000 was involved somewhere in the process
–Tambourine: “Reckoner” by Radiohead
–Ride: “Printemps émeraude” by Alcest. Arrangement/Sample Processing/FX: Dirtywave M8

And thanks to @Doug one last time for running!

6 Likes

Congrats @polarfox, @Unifono and @Yabba! Well deserved guys! Great tracks.

Also shout out to @Doug for hosting. I was listening whether I heard something which sounded like you but didn’t, so I guessed right! I also though pineappledave did track 15 so I was off on that one haha. Shout out to everyone who joined, I truly enjoyed all tracks!

Also thanks for the votes and feedback on my track. I learned a lot by working with the limitations again, and I truly think doing these battles for a year made me a better producer in a lot of ways, especially by forcing me out of my comfort zone, trying to make the top 3 and listening to everyone’s great submissions.

If Polarfox is down with it, I’d like to add his winning track to the one year anniversary beatbattle tape! I’ll start a new thread for setting that one up soon!

8 Likes

I’d love a battle #12 mixtape :slight_smile:

1 Like

What I love about these battles is how the host takes us to school on their take on our craft. I learn and am pushed every time. If each of us get a chance to teach the others it’s like a guild!

Big up and enjoy July!image

Looking forward to @polarfox post summoning us all to the table once again. In the meantime, stay inspired.

8 Likes

Hey @Doug and other beatmakers in here. Just came across this and thought I’d share. I love the work these guys do and this feels like the perfect thing for us:

2 Likes

Ridiculously late reply here, but you are all awesome and talented. Thanks for all of the critical listens and feedback.

An old friend showed me this forum, it’s great to find a group of cats who geek out on beats haha.

I’m super down for a mixtape.

7 Likes