Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #2 - Escape from New York edition

Same in Holland… :joy:

1 Like

Same in France

1 Like

Could we get you to submit a different link? Sorry.

1 Like

Should be good now.

3 Likes

Incredible track

1 Like

I’m in!

(edit: HD version)

9 Likes

I’m in too. I don’t have much experience with sampled beats, but will give it a try. Seems fun.

Here is my sample:

6 Likes

Damnnn theres a lot of good samples here again… I’ve already made 3 different sketches using 3 different samples as the core for each track.

I’m also starting to appreciate the theme and ‘mandatory’ samples since they force me to come up with a way to creatively integrate them. Great job @DimensionsTomorrow!

6 Likes

I’ll throw my hat in the ring…

8 Likes

Ok, first attempt for me at anything like this, couldn’t resist seeing the theme and upload material.

Here’s mine:

5 Likes

Cheers man, definitely adds an element of difficulty. I have one track I am working on, but it’s totally not my usual style. Sometimes these things end up resulting in directions you’d never usually take. I’m still deciding about whether to press on with that or try something else.

1 Like

Btw, i think that the 3 tracks from the movie soundtrack are more than enough material to sample from.

I guess, the resulting beats would be more compareable if they would only use samples from those 3 tracks. But i will of course stick to the rules and enjoy the variety of results that will come from all that different samples. For my track i will try to use only a few samples…

Cool. As long as you use sample at least one of the tracks I posted and one from someone else you are good.

1 Like

gonna go with a more accessible sample this time- a utility sample if you will…horns and strings- what else can i say?

6 Likes

Lots of dialogue here. An old documentary about Vietnam veterans and their lives post war.

4 Likes

Deadline is approaching everyone! Get in soon if you want to participate.

I‘m afraid I‘m out this time.
Have to practice bass for a gig.

Good luck everyone. Will have a listen to your beats for sure

4 Likes

Very nice to discover all these things.

4 Likes

Ok, participating. Here is something to sample, just to give bit of a spin to the original:

5 Likes

Welcome back!

4 Likes