Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #21 - Library Music

Haha yeah, I’m just gonna throw on some headphones and listen to a couple more.
I wish a had a computer new enough to let me split stems on a whole track instead of struggling to do about 10 seconds in an hour so I’ve spent the last few days realising I really do need a new laptop above all else

A new computer is always nice. Koala splits stems good enough for me i think. (And that runs on a phone). I think Koala uses spleeter under the hood. There’s a windows app available here https://github.com/boy1dr/SpleeterGui. Maybe that runs faster than what you’re using?
I just tried another free online option that works lightning fast. This is the demucs colab script. Just upload a track to your google drive in a folder called ‘demucs’. Then click on the little play buttons one by one. Track of 2.5 min took me less than 1 minute to unroll…
Google Colab

1 Like

I used stem roller for the short bits I’ve done and it’s so much cleaner than anything else I’ve tried.

By “anything else” I mean koala and another stem splitting app called Moises for iOS which is a little bit better than koala to my ears, plus it tells you the notes playing while the track plays

I’m really only interested mainly in removing the drums I guess

1 Like

I read demucs is what stem roller is based on, the one track i just tried was indeed pretty well isolated.

Nice one for the info bro, I’ll have to do a bit more research, if an app can take away the need to spend for a new laptop I’m all up for that

1 Like

Am I too late to get on?

If not, here’s my break:

5 Likes