Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #1

acapellas? sure, why not?

Cool. Some battles I’ve been in have allowed a cappella raps to be used on top of the beat, others haven’t. I’m good either way.

Should our beats be uploaded to SoundCloud? If so, there was a great rule in my old regular battle that said anyone that participates has to drop a (constructive/positive) comment on every other persons’ beat if you want to vote. It was a good way to make sure everyone voting actually listened to everybody else’s beat before voting.

2 Likes

I hope not, I’ve finished my beat and don’t use soundcloud.
I’ll be posting mine on YouTube

1 Like

Going to try to join in!

Sample:

8 Likes

That might be a good idea for the next battle. For this one, I stated in the opening post any platform can be used, so I think we should stick to that.

2 Likes

This is fantastic. I’m in and here’s my contribution:

7 Likes

Absolute fire.

1 Like

i just watched your video, then watched the live band play this on NPR’s Tiny Desk. whoa

thanks for sharing Anna Meredith.

1 Like

here’s my sample suggestion. don’t know if the video game is good or not, but i found this on bandcamp and it looks interesting.

6 Likes

This one has a phat bass sample. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry missed that. All good.

1 Like

Well, both the game and the OST are Masterpieces.
So…yeah.

3 Likes

Here’s mine:

9 Likes

For the next battle, maybe we can set the rule that only the three “finalists” from the previous battle can submit a sample…? This way, we can really see how the same track is flipped by different beatmakers + it’s kinda like the three records rule from Rhythm Roulette.

10 Likes

I agree. This would be even more interesting

3 Likes

We could just do a poll now on the samples and pick the top ones?

1 Like

I can basically hear DOOM’s voice over that already! RIP

4 Likes

same. That’s why I chose it

1 Like

this soundtrack is amazing so i can imagine, just not much of a gamer.

@Kuro @Boxymusic @Unifono

I agree that it would be interesting to hear different flips of the same 3 samples. We could change the rules for the next battle. For this one I want to stick to the original idea because a) a lot of completely different beats are also awesome and b) some people might’ve already started, so it would be unfair to change the rules now. That goes for all suggested changes in the rules by the way: A lot of great suggestions, but let’s stick to what we have for this one.

Hope you guys can live with that :wink:

11 Likes