Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

This looks and sounds great! Pretty sure I’ll be getting this one. I really like it’s powerful and raw sound.

Yeah that is indeed a shame. Strange choice since the compressor is probably the one people want to use primarily.
Still it really sounds great.

3 Likes

Every drum machine with faders is a big win tbh.

It sounds good though!

4 Likes

Anybody ordered one yet? Any indication of the delivery date?

19.07. was named from big T

1 Like

Sweetwater was pretty vague. The Erica Synths store says preorders ship July 25th

1 Like

ive ordered here in the UK and a shipping date of roughly the 15th

2 Likes

Preordered from Detroit Modular and was told “probably end of July”.

1 Like

Just spotted on peter kirns instagram that apparently there is a new firmware he just installed, my guess is just bug fixes? but I suppose there could be a new feature reveal or something, probably doubtful though.

I’ve ordered too. Also 19.07 from Thomann.
Sold my Model:Cycles since I’m not using it.
Really looking forward to this one :star_struck:

2 Likes

If you love the Cycles don’t sell it. It’s a really good machine for sure. I have long been in doubt about selling it but I’m not really using it anymore since I use the Analog Rytm.
And as you say the EFM is great for FM drums too.
With the LXR I do hear a more solid/powerful tone so I need to see what I can so with that in my music.

1 Like

A little off topic, so:

FM musings in here

FM implementations (being an inherently digital thing) really don’t differ much from box to box. So 90% of an FM synth is the interface. If you’re gelling with your M:C, don’t sell that short.

I love my EFM. But also my DN, FM8, Preen, M8 (headless), etc. Most can perfectly mimic each other given enough tweaking (and the EFM can easily match them all). But I arrive at very different sounds and performances from each because of their distinct UIs. And it’s that output that matters in the end, not the engine.

4 Likes

Yep, the LXR is just different enough and has some really interesting functionality. I’ll keep looking into it for sure

Sat jamming to this track which is a compilation of tracks made with the old LXR and indeed it fits well with my music :smile:

2 Likes

That was my very first thought!

EFM, as in the Machinedrum machine?

Just had a look at the elevator sound newsletter and they’ve got it as coming in this week.

I’m out for the time being though, something about it just isn’t grabbing me the way I thought it would. That and I can’t afford it right now…

Anyone wanna buy some stuff?

2 Likes

Theres a bunch of LXR (OG) samples for free in the files section of this forum. I loaded them into my OT. Scratches the LXR itch for sure.

4 Likes

Australia price $949… which = hard pass

1 Like

Ahh damn, was about to look it up. Definitely out of my range at the moment. I think M:C covers what I’d use it for anyway, and I’ll never sell that.

I heard shipping was delayed until early August.