Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

EFM as in EssenceFM. The post talking about it I was replying to was withdrawn :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat. By the time I have anything resembling a gear budget again, the LXR will still be on my list to consider, but since drum machines seem to be coming out as if someone fed a mogwai after midnight while giving it a bath I’m looking forward to what else will be coming out in the next year or so.

2 Likes

A new Elektron box then ?

1 Like

I’m still anticipating a real Machinedrum successor.
Until then - the LXR-02 :grinning:

1 Like

I forgot that I sampled mine before I sold it, I think I posted the samples in the files section here but can’t search for them so here is the old Mediafire link, @AdamJay even made a nice Ableton drum rack out of them but the link is dead
LXR SAMPLES

8 Likes

And there is also the Korg Drumlogue that could come in few months!

5 Likes

Really like these sounds (especially the kicks and claps), are they processed or recorded straight from lxr?

1 Like

I had a drum session with my Digitone this morning. LXR GAS killed.

7 Likes

Thanks for posting those up again. I got your samples from the files section on this forum not that long ago but cant see them on here now.

Anyway, tasty samples and lots of fun to play with. Cheers!

1 Like

Direct from LXR

1 Like

The Digitone is great at making drums but it’s clearly not the same as a dedicated drum machine like this one. You can easily tell from the demos I think. You can approximate the sound but it will simply not sound the same. I wish the Digitone had the same direct or immediate sound (snappiness?) like the LXR or Machinedrum so it could be used fully as a drum synth. To my ears it is a little more soft while drum machines sound harder or more direct. My guess is that it has a lot to do with the envelopes.
The EssenceFM synth has very snappy envelopes and does have this percussive attack.

5 Likes

I couldn’t disagree more but it’s okay. I find it superior in every aspects, but to each his own.

14 Likes

Don’t forget that the Digitone has two very snappy exponential envelopes available in the LFO section.

7 Likes

Plus you can shape that envelope even more with the fade in/out function.

4 Likes
1 Like

I think the LXR would be a bit more immediate than Digitone percussion. There’s no messing with sound locking per step. and no need to juggle tracks since each voice has one. Multiple outs allow for separate processing with hardware. Plus there’s the kit morphing feature which is impossible with the DT as far as I know.

3 Likes
13 Likes

I do like the form factor, even with my cramped space I might even be able to find a spot for it, but at teh same time it seems like it’s not so small that the UI is hard to use. I’m not GASsing for it though, I really don’t need it.

I am not GASSING either

Analog Rytm with good samples from modular is what we need.

2 Likes

Not being able to tweak the sound when you manually trigger it from the device is a very odd decision. Really hope they’ll add it.

Also, does anyone know if the envelopes have sustain ?
EDIT : from the manual, it’s quite obvious that there is no sustain. Too bad.

1 Like