Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

Your LXR-02 has also been dispatched!

Yay!

Drum synths are fun. Sorry, I thought this was me.

DT 1.30 freed up some mixer channels and they’ve been sitting there so empty all the time.

It’s arrived. No chance to play with it until the little one goes to bed tonight though…

2 Likes

Where did you buy it from?

In Switzerland

amacisaac · LXR demo

I put this together after one day with the thing, I made both kits from scratch in a fresh project. My first impression is that it sounds huge, the tube distortion adds some lovely warmth, and the delay sounds a bit like the Zen delay algorithm to my ears. There are some shortcuts that aren’t readily apparent and require memory. Like Shift + Perform brings up the pattern generator, which is a really fun little feature that is hidden by the interface and requires muscle memory.

7 Likes

did you have any issues with the micro SD slot? i received mine the other day and when i went to put the card in it just dropped straight into the slot but didnt dock, and instead fell into the body of the machine, so i had to open it up (which obvs i really didnt want to do) to retrieve it…

That’s a bit disconcerting… did you get it to dock? I’ve not opened mine yet but I’ll keep an eye out for that!

My sd slot worked as as expected, no issues

1 Like

i did the second time around but i had to be super careful to angle it into the dock and not the space slightly above it, as in my case its really easy to miss the dock

Not to enable, but; these are now in stock at Musicstore in Germany.

2 Likes

Got my LXR-02 just now. Not the best start though. It’s running some hardware test which the manual does not mention. Gets stuck at a midi test and doesn’t react to my Keystep.
Did any of you get this?

Got it sorted out.

No havent come across that on mine. Have had some fun using it this weekend and then yesterday it appeared to not be saving any of my tweaked kits and patterns… given my earlier issue with the SD card im wondering if mine has some connectivity issue in general with the memory.

Premiering tomorrow :

3 Likes

I’ve been spending the entire day glued to my LXR-02 and I must say I really like it! It sounds great. Getting some good beats going on now and it’s so easy to vary sounds and pattterns. I’m definitely getting a sound that I do not already have with my current gear. Suits my Digitone very very well :smiley:

Only thing is that I feel rather crippled being used to Elektron gear and the many easy and handy ways of doing things like copying anything - hope to see this improved in updates.
I’ll post some sounds soon.

4 Likes

Maybe make the patterns you like, put the sd card into computer and look if there are pattern files … you might be able to just copy pattern1 to pattern2,3,3,5 … do it that way ?
Then reload the project ??

A bit hacky but I did that on tb-3 to get rid of preset patterns.

1 Like

yeh i was being an idiot, was overlooking the fact that i needed to save the project as well as the patterns and kits. I get why that would be necessary to save the pattern(s) but would have assumed that how/where the kits are saved is independent from the project/pattern structure…? anyway, just teething problems- i bloody love this thing. it sounds ridiculously good and is so much fun to tweak

1 Like