Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

I thought I remember a save all , but I sold mine ages ago and was running a modified firmware on lxr1

Finally turned mine on this morning. Build quality seems good although my unit doesn’t sit flush on my desk. The workflow seems fairly logical although it’s a departure from elektron and so will take a while to become smooth for me. The sound is good, it’s digital but carries some weight. Lots of potential for sound design. I’m looking forward to digging in.

P.s. any tips for getting the box to sit flush on my desk? Little things like this drive me nuts.

1 Like

Thanks @re5et but that hack sounds tedious too :smile:
it’s not that much about copying patterns but more about copy/paste in general like the copy and paste of sounds and trigs and having that in a buffer at your disposal at any time. I’ll get used to it and hope Erica Synths will keep improving the firmware.

But it does sound really really good :star_struck:

1 Like

pattern copying is very straightforward, but ive given up trying to work out how to copy/paste sounds and trigs. the manual seems to brush over some of the fundamentals

It does yes. Apart from saving a pattern in a new destination can you copy and paste it?

not as far as im aware. it took me several hours to work out that you (as far as i know) save it to a new destination rather than the elektron way of copy/paste. im finbe with that, but wish it said it somewhere in the bloody manual…!

1 Like

It’s not an elektron box and there are many devices that do copy / paste differently.

You could just sequence it from a digitakt … a pain to do but doable.

tell that to my muscle memory

2 Likes

If it’s any consolation, my DB-01 doesn’t sit flush either. Only flaw in otherwise impeccable build. Just shim it with something.

ERICA!!

18 Likes

A match made in hell :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

3 Likes

What style of music do you make with this?

Bojack covers

7 Likes

Find the two legs that are higher than they should be. These are the two of which only one or the other are able to touch the ground at a time.

Align the unit on the edge of a sturdy table such that one of the “too high” legs is on and the other hangs over the edge.

Put the heal of one hand on the corner that is over the table to hold it down. Firmly (but gently and slowly!) push down on the corner hanging over the edge of the table with the heal of your other hand.

Cases bend more than you think with less pressure than you assume. So do this a little bit at a time, testing frequently to see if the wobble is gone.

But I don’t make electronic music, I just noodle around and jam. When I’m making music it’s more Indy rock and folk and primarily guitar based.

1 Like

Just bend it a little by holding it firmly. It won’t break. I’ve done that with a lot of gear

This thing rocks. Got lost in it last night triggering from my Octatrack (though it was initially responding weirdly when I was sending MIDI clock, need to dig into that further).

My main takeaway was the creative possibilities in using it tonally (which becomes especially easy once you set each track to receive its own MIDI channel and “any” MIDI pitch so that you can sequence melodic lines)…I was finding lots of sweet spots there. I guess I’m not drawn to super noisy drums generally, but I like those kinds of textures in my synth parts.

The LFO system is also great for creating weird textures / happy accidents. Basically any track’s LFO can 1) be triggered by any other track and 2) can modulate any parameter on any other track (or the FX bus). So you can have distortion pumping to the kick, a hi-hat that rises in pitch every time the snare hits, etc. etc.

8 Likes

Does this eliminate interest in the TR-6S for folks?

I have both, they’re so different and compliment each other well.

3 Likes