Erica Synths LXR-02 Desktop Digital Drum Synthesizer

This is now my biggest GAS besides Syntakt. I don’t need more drums at all. I have Nord 3P Volca Drum and M:C, samplers out the ass. I don’t need more drums. I want more drums. I need more synths. Not drums. I mean, if I’m being honest here, I don’t need a damn thing. That’s the truth. Maybe a Micromonsta, a dedicated vocoder and this unusual beast. Or none of that and a Soma Terra or Pipe. Or maybe I should just STFU. I think I’m just gonna do that and make music with all the crazy shit I am already blessed to have. Thoughts? Should I care about this fucking thing?

Haha maybe you’ve got enough? Still, nothing I’ve come across sounds like the LXR so maybe check a lot of videos/tracks with it and see if you like this hard, punchy, clear and characterful sound it has (IMO). The sound is the main thing here. The sequencer and the layout is nothing like on Elektron machines but it does the trick. The parameter locking is very tedious to work with unless you just live record one parameter. The faders and the manual roll/trigger are great for perfomance though. It can really sound huge and very powerful.

1 Like

I just made this track with LXR-02 on the drums. Hydrasynth does the wavetable sounds in the background and Digitone everything else.

9 Likes

Well… it does synths too… and pretty weird ones.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. Need to do more research I see. @Soarer & @oieubbrgov. Thank you. I’m in no hurry to add anything. Just wanna make sure I add the right things when I do. Syntakt and LXR-02 are frontrunners ATM, and Osmose and Terra are haunting my dreams. No rush though.

@Soarer, it’s the sounds that keep me coming back to it. So strange and fierce. Really dig that track btw. Chillstep vibe.

@oieubbrgov, any examples you could share?

2 Likes

Exactly :grinning: Thanks man.

2 Likes

14 Likes

You rock like cocaine and baking soda fam.

Whipped it in a skillet and stamped it with a picture of ya mama, right?!

On medium low right?

Sorry, I’m on one this morning.

These are sick, and show so much range. Grateful.

2 Likes

Whenever I have doubts about an english sentence, I ask a picture to the machine. And most of the time I remain confused but amused.

Capture d’écran 2023-03-27 à 13.51.07

Anyway, back to the LXR… this is my third (“buy -> sell -> regret -> buy” loop). Will probably buy the eurorack version at some point…

7 Likes

Okay, let’s clear the confusion a little bit then. I am talking about making crack rock. I am comparing you making sounds on your LXR-02 to the act of cooking crack. Stamping your dope means putting a symbol on the bag. Stamps make the dope sell better. I’m kinda wild.

The Eurorack version looks sick. I saw someone put it in a small case with the joystick Erica module. Looks fantastic. @MichaalHell maybe? Or was it @simonbradford?

2 Likes

Apart from being a baguette man, I was never into narcotics so I appreciate your explanation.

The eurorack version is a no-brainer if you’re into eurorack drums. 6 voices at that price…

1 Like

I am not into narcotics either really. I just like being silly.

Lol, I just realized that saying, “I’m on one,” makes it sound like I’m taking drugs. I’m not, at the moment anyway. Just snoking a bit of cough. Heh.

2 Likes

Sorry to say, not guilty.

Hmm. Must of been Simon. I saw you on JonWayne’s live YouTube thread though! I was like, that’s a brother! Dig your music a lot BTW. @MichaalHell Like, a whole lot. You were one of the first people who caught my attention on this forum. Odd that I’m just now saying something I guess.

1 Like

Thanks alot mate! Glad to hear that I get through the static for some people!

Yay I spotted his livestream on YouTube. I just love how he sample chops, he truly makes it an art form!

1 Like

Really good!! Inspires me to use my LXR more for non drum stuff, which I rarely do.

1 Like

Sorry to say, not guilty either…
I have a Db01 and in its initial state.
Maybe one day a SYNTRX who knows.

1 Like

I think Syntakt covers a lot of LXR’s sound range and more.

3 Likes

Right!? But does it morph?

Answer: it does not.

1 Like

And yet I bought a LXR. Again. After having sold the previous one in favor of my Syntakt.

3 Likes