Erica Synths SYNTRX

Wow, I didn’t know Syntrx could sound like this. I’ve really enjoyed the more spacey, abstract, noisy sounds I’ve heard — looking at you @trytykee, the clips you post are always amazing — but this is a whole different side of Syntrx and makes me realize it has a lot more range than I thought.

I don’t own one and am not going to get one, so I appreciate y’all sharing what it can do, what a rad instrument.

4 Likes

Do you consider it as a performance Instrument :thinking:

1 Like

Whats making the bassline sound? Great track.

1 Like

Thanks! I believe it was my little DX100 doing the bass. I recorded this jam about a month ago.

Wonder if Behringer would clone it all.

1 Like

Gah. GAS kicked in and pulled the trigger on one. Arriving on Friday if all goes well. Can’t resist a good drone machine and this looks like a whole lot more…

5 Likes

just had a look at erica synths page and it says that the last batch of 100 units EVER is now available… wonder if prices will soar after its demise

1 Like

Congrats! It is a lovely instrument that easily delivers everything one could ask for in an analog synth, except for the envelope department that is not on par with most synths, although the trapezoid feels v fresh to me after using ADSRs. That 1st osc’s sine with the folder alone is unreal.

2 Likes

They certainly plummeted by £300 after i paid £2700 believing there were only a few left :smile:

So what are people using for storage and/or protection? The bag seems to have been discontinued, and the synth is way too niche for Decksaver to release a cover for it? Might have to spring for a custom flight case I guess.

Perfect Circuit still have some in stock. they just finished running a 10% off deal too. will likely run one again near Easter.

I considered getting one, but I don’t really plan on it ever leaving the studio. I guess I’d get a Pelican case if I did. more protection than the bag offers, but without the cute alien. :alien:

1 Like

Trying to source one in the UK. Perfect Circuit add £90 to the price for shipping… :astonished: No sight of one at Juno, sadly.

Alien matters obviously, but might get one of these eventually Erica Synths Syntrx flightcase even though my gigging days are about 30 years behind me, which makes it slight overkill.

Any consensus on best options in terms of a stand?

Although I’m not really a technohead, this helped me decide to jump

1 Like

I got mine from Signal Sounds in January, I think. I just checked, and sadly they’re out of stock.

Just to rub it in… it’s quite a nice bag. The extra pocket is a good size; there’s loads of padding. Mine keeps falling over on it’s “front”, risking the knobs and joystick getting jolted. Either the bag, or the original packaging came with a chunky foam pad with a hole for the joystick, which seems really useful for when you use the bag.

1 Like

maybe they’d give you an alien decal…? :thinking:

I’m not using this. but I think it would be awesome for the Syntrx:

https://on-stage.com/products/view/14441/589871

1 Like

A few of us have the K&M Heli 2 Acoustic Guitar Stand. Guitar stands generally seem to work well for desktop Syntrx use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J98A6BM

1 Like

Bag shots from upthread:

You’re just making me feel bad now :rofl:

1 Like

Negogrod’s Instagram or Etsy may help you locate a local bag. I would probably use a Pelican 1550 to ship the Syntrx. The bag seems great for carrying or driving around.

(Pelicans are spendy, but I’ve used smaller Pelicans to repeatedly and successfully ship hard drives internationally and trust them 1000%)

1 Like

Hey that’s my video :sweat_smile: something a bit over kill about using it for a bassline like that but the joystick also lets you find some nice sweet spots. I’ve mostly just been using it for building sounds to sample these days… still there is a loveliness it moves about live and the little tweaks you can make using the joystick.

I ended really liking the kind of rubberized cork guitar stand I use for table top use (seems to isolate the spring reverb pretty well) but I also bought the rack ears incase I ever want to rack it up as I was worried they would disappear forever. I kind of wish it had a built in kickstand or something.

3 Likes