Erica Synths SYNTRX

Yeah that’s true. The speakers and spring reverb are definitely a big part of why I enjoy it. Okay. Initial reaction has toned down a bit now :wink:

4 Likes

I made a new thread.

First i thought ES made a vst of the syntrx :hot_face: :sweat_smile:

It’s different enough that I feel like the II isn’t really a 2.0 of the original, inasmuch as it’s a sideways change and not a product-improved version.

Looking at the feature set, if I were in the market right now and could either buy one of the “old” Syntrx units that’s still in stock or a Syntrx II, I’d probably opt for the old one.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Though I think you could understand the initial shock when you first see a product called “Syntrx II” and a description like:
“Based on lessons learned from the SYNTRX, we decided to create an instrument which would integrate even deeper into contemporary electronic and experimental music setups”

Anyway, I’ve also calmed down now. :tropical_drink:

We havent heard or seen it yet in action. The workflow maybe more condusive to creating tracks from scratch. Thats my initial take.

1 Like

Syntrx is a lovely synth.

1 Like

yeah I totally get you being irked that you asked and they said “no” even though it’s still called Syntrx. BUT I also get them not wanting to tell you about a synth they hadn’t publicly shared yet. should’ve just told you “if you’re concerned, wait until Superbooth to see if we release anything.” or told you they can’t share that information. I honestly always thought they’d do this, as Erica like to do iterations of modules and systems. but I thought it would come in the form of a “Black” system with Polivoks style modules. maybe some day…

anyway… it is a different synth. and I don’t know why, but something about it makes me think of using it for more “normal” synth duties. which is strange, because I’m sure it can get plenty crazy, just like the V1.

What I love on the Syntrx 1 is that IMO it seems to be more experimental.

Example: The spring reverb is a mod-source too … ever tried to send some “typical” mod-signal through the reverb and use it as a mod-source afterwards? Well … “knocking” the box may create quite interesting effects … :wink:

Anyway, if the Mark 2 has similar circuits for the VCOs and the filter, it will sound great. I bought my Mark 1 for experimenting, but after listening to the pure sound of the analogue circuits it has been used in traditional subtractive synthesis as well :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, of course. My problem isn’t them doing a new version at all, as I know how business works. It’s just the wording with their reply. If they just said “who knows” or “we can’t tell you at this moment” I would be totally cool.

I have already stated that I’ve since settled down so maybe I should edit my initial posts?

1 Like

I bought one!

I kinda fell in love with the AKS years ago after playing one that my friend was borrowing, and then when Erica announced this, I figured I’d never be able to afford it so tried to forget about it. Then, I got a very good offer on my

:elmm:

and after agonising over the decision, I decided to go for it. Ended up with a Behringer 2600 too, which is surprisingly awesome.

I took it to a band jam yesterday and played it through a bass amp, it sounds absolutely monstrous. I did manage to get some very delicate sounds out of it the other night in headphones though, that was quite lovely. Really crystalline tones.

The spring is a bit weird though. When I was running it through the bass amp, it was feeding back like crazy. Is there a way to dial it back or is this just the way it is? I saw someone mention a trimpot inside the machine, is that sufficient for adjustment or does that just reduce the level? I’m just imagining using it at gigs where the venue sound will be much louder than just a bass amp, rendering the spring reverb not very useful for actual reverb. It’s fun to shake though :metal:

1 Like

Congrats on a wonderful instrument :slight_smile:
Vibrations will excite the spring reverb quite quickly yeah, pretty much useless when it’s near an amp or on stage I recon. It’s a quirk that I enjoy because it makes it in part a psychoacoustic instrument. Wouldn’t use it on a stage haha

1 Like

Sounded great! Was that recorded from the Radius mixer’s outs? New Radius owner here and running some other Erica Synths gear (DB-01, LXR-02, Zen Delay) through mine.

Never thought I’d say this but it seems that the Syntrx I is pretty underrated nowadays and you can find one for about €2100-2200, maybe even 2000 as nobody buys them.

1 Like

Please, if you buy a Syntrx and then go to do a moon ritual, BE CAREFUL.

3 Likes

Yeah I was surprised to see they’re still in stock in a few stores here in Australia. Even the store I bought it from still had not only a demo unit, but multiple in stock.

I suppose there are more people like this out there than people who would appreciate a weird synth:

1 Like

That comment is much weirder than the synth itself :slight_smile: People take the demos on Youtube too seriously.

2 Likes

I got one a few days ago on a loan from Erica Synth, that thing is a BEAST ! It’s indeed very noisy and weird but can totaly make some “music” with it as long you have a sequencer or keyboard to go with it.
I’ll make some videos with it soon :wink:

5 Likes

First or second gen?

1 Like

yeah, definitely… for example:

16 Likes