Erica Synths SYNTRX

wow!

1 Like

I donā€™t know if the new one can sound like this with its perfectly stable oscillators though. I like the modified matrix and the idea of modulating the waveshapers or using the delay as modulation sourceā€¦etc. But I also loved using the spring reverb in a patch without using it as a reverb but rather like another modulation source. Sometimes Iā€™m considering getting one of them once again, but dunno which oneā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, the new one has some great looking features but I like how the original is closer to the Synthi in terms of interface. Maybe Iā€™ll build a motorised LFO if I really want to modulate wave shape :smiley:

1 Like

New? I donā€™t see prices that low in UK.

Not new, used. Generally theyā€™re between ā‚¬2100-2400 in EU.

1 Like

This is exactly the sort of thing Iā€™m planning for the futureā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Yeah it went through the Radius it is safe to say, great mixers :slight_smile:

You can use the mixer matrix to send the lowest amount which can help, modulating the reverb mix can also be useful for taming it while keeping longer reverb tails. Not sure if any of this will help with a bass amp near by though. Setting up the reverb feedback in the mixer matrix also has a different sound.

2 Likes

What sequencer are you using?

First generation

This was a VERY good little track ! Do you have more of this somewhere ?

Thank you, Iā€™ve posted some of them on the Current sounds coming from your gear thread and also Lines forum: Erica Synths SYNTRX - #10 by trytyke - Equipment - lines

Iā€™ve made an EP as well using only the Syntrx but I donā€™t like it that much nowadays: rx | taut

@sabana, Octatrack.

6 Likes

I really like this. Sort of stuff i can relax to.

2 Likes

I like your abstract art!

1 Like

After a busy few weeks I decided to fire up the Syntrx and goddamn it is a wild machine. I really love how it leads you into weird sonic territories and the way the patches tend to take a strange left turn in no time.

Erica Synths has really made a luxurious sounding and feeling instrument that will bring pleasure and happiness for a lifetime.

The interplay between the tri/s&h LFO blend and the trapezoid when theyā€™re set to modulate each other is such an organic sounding way to modulate things and the fact that most of the ā€œmodulesā€ have individual level dials make things v interesting as small changes in levels bring about such surprising and satisfying changes to the sound.

Getting absolutely baked and tweaking this thing with good headphones is just what I need ATM hehehe.

6 Likes

Acid reverb feedback with acoustic phasing ? Itā€™s possible !

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfBw2qrjUWm/

3 Likes

Bought a little desk easel for my Syntrx today. Just needed a tiny bit of modification (shaving off a side of the lower edge and adding some grippy dots) but it fits pretty well. Havenā€™t given it the test to see if it makes my arms sore to use in a stand like that though haha :smiley: but it fits together nicely behind my A4.

edit: also, itā€™s not that red in my room, damn camera adjusting

8 Likes

Looks like 60s sci-fi. Love it!

Here we go ! First jams and experiments with the SYNTRX !

8 Likes

Got mine for Ā£1800 used. Just look around and negotiate.

3 Likes

7 Likes