Erica Synths SYNTRX

Reminds me of when i was a film camera lab technician working in a darkroom.

2 Likes

That’ s a lot of cash!

Well, I think it is pretty okay for a synth like Syntrx but yeah, I’ve decided to buy a laptop instead.

1 Like

I noticed that when tuning Syntrx the oscillators do not respond to small increments. I have to make bigger adjustments to the encoders and try to to hit the correct tuning in one move (like with a guitar that has old strings). So it’s kinda no fine tune.

It’s not a big deal but I wanted to hear with the rest of you if your instrument behaves the same way. Or does your Syntrx respond instantly when you make small adjustments to the encoders?

1 Like

Mine is the same. Once I got used to it I really like it.

1 Like

Yeah that annoys me too. I thought the vernier dials would be more sensitive to small movements.

That said though, it makes it harder to accidentally bump them out of tune..

Mine’s the same. I tend to over-adjust first and then pull back. Once you get the dial moving it feels (to me) like it responds faster. Might be an illusion tho’.

I also rather like the controls. I find them quite easy to play melodies on (so long as it’s a series of smaller intervals).

1 Like

This is indeed the case I found. I tend to move first and then fine tune. Works okay :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the responses😊 Elektronauts are the best🙏 great to know that it’s not a problem with the instrument.

1 Like

yeah mine used to sit right next to my studio monitors. which can be cool for exciting the spring but it’s a bit limiting to have the reverb go from 0 to 10 pretty much instantly whenever it’s patched in.

this is quite good. a recommended listen for sure.

1 Like

I was at Target today and noticed something interesting in the folding tables & chairs section. Listed as a “kids desk”. < $30.

13 Likes

Unknown

3 Likes

It’s not robust enough for gigging. It might survive a chill coffee shop, but it is made of very light metal tubing and plastic. Which makes it easy to move around and reduces the odds of foot injury and is totally fair for the $25 I paid.

I’ll be back next week for two more. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Zen zone.

1 Like

Matcha brewing equipment just arrived today, so…

6 Likes

I sold my Syntrx but I’m pretty sure mine responded well to fine tuning. I just didn’t like the rest of it much.

Looks like back pain to me :stuck_out_tongue: Any amount of having to lean forward to tweak synths tends to result in my back becoming sore.

1 Like

Once I’m seated in the chair, I slide the desk up so the metal bar is almost touching the chair. At that point, the Syntrx is hovering parallel to and just above my legs. This is more comfortable than other setups I’ve tried with boxes and laptop stands. But the real answer is a guitar stand on a desk and a more normal chair. All of which are currently hanging out in my storage unit, waiting for delivery.

Before the move:

Trying this setup out now: somewhat better for focused work. The rocking chair is better for enjoying a self playing patch and the view.

The view:

7 Likes

Here we go for my big video exploration of the SYNTRX !
Feel free to come say hi or ask any question sduring the premiere :wink:

Short trailer here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CflyFR3DK_G/

5 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that turning the speakers on while the audio output is plugged into an interface or amp drastically changes the sound from the outputs? I guess the speakers are part of the output chain and there’s some impedance stuff going on. It’s an interesting effect!

1 Like