Erica Synths SYNTRX

A. Try to figure out how to utilize what I have to emulate it. It usually works out.

3 Likes

(Wait for behringer clone)

4 Likes

Yup, in the process atm. :grin: first time in my life I’ve been enjoying school.
@xidnpnlss, I got my AK ready to go :star_struck:

After writing that post last night I took apart my nl2x and did some repair work (got it for free a year ago and have slowly been repairing it to normal condition. )
Replaced the mid wheel pot and added the save button last night. I have feel like I have a brand new synth. I still need to fix the pitch bend stick tho.

2 Likes

Fixed :wink:

2 Likes

Youre halfway there with the joystick!

1 Like

Me: All I do is noodle around and never write a song. I need to get serious.

Also me: Oh look an instrument that will guarantee that I just noodle around and never write a song. I must have it.

6 Likes

Process over product.

Self fulfillment over societal expectations

4 Likes

I loved that demo when I first encountered it; their latest delay is incredible as well.

Desert island synth (assuming the island has AC and internet)? This, perhaps, but more likely Deckard’s Dream.

I’m trying to decide between the Syntrx and one of the Moogs, but I’ll let some time pass to see if issues arise. This is new kit and new territory for the maker, after all.

Still, the filters and flexibility are really nice. And there’s something fun about Erica Synths’ potentiometer knobs.

They really are so large and tweakable (and also precise).

1 Like

Seen it… want it… It’s looking very promising also their little volka bass thing looks cool too!

Very short video from Jean-Michel Jarre celebrating “Christmas” with his SYNTRX !

Also notice the Pro 3 SE to the bass side of the SYNTRX.

1 Like

weird. “glad I can have all my AKS patches in here…”

he knows it’s not a clone (circuit-wise) in any way, right?

1 Like

I think he meant he created patches for it to replicate his old AKS sounds

1 Like

I guess. to me that’s like saying “finally I can recreate my Minimoog patches with this MicroKorg!” :rofl:

Piggy bank!!!

1 Like

Ok record your noodles, chop them up in four/eight bar segments and arrange them around until you have something that sounds like a song. Done!!! See that wasn’t too hard. :joy:

1 Like

Why not? If you need to save something that your originally made on a non-preset machine as a preset you gotta do what you gotta do.

I think just about every preset synth ever made has some damn Minimoog preset. Even the OP-1. Most people - at least when not high or drunk - are going to think they can make any synth sound exactly like a Minimoog but that didn’t stop those presets from being made, did it?

Likewise when I want to use my 3 favorite Lyra-8 sounds at the same time on a gig and I don’t to just sample them, why not program them on some synth?

1 Like

Love all those companies have i have alot of there stuff. They just making things people are not used to.
And not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

I feel seen.

1 Like