EU: Looking for an ergonomic studio / work desk

I’ve been seeing a few cool desks in various threads here.
I am currently using an IKEA desk that I can heighten with a swivel. Doesn’t happen too often :smiley:

It’s also bending in the middle so I am looking for a new desk. Let me know if you can recommend a EU seller. Budget < 750 EUR.

Has to have some layers for gear :smiley:

I have this:

it’s small (really small).
underneath the spoiler you can modify the table, if you want to use some 19" stuff like patchbay, power, or perhaps you got a synth that fits there.
the drawer is not for very heavy stuff, but yeah.
you can fit the height of the drawer to your knees…
there is a manual somewhere with dimensions if you are interested in that.

2 Likes

I was looking for something similar a while back and took a long hard look at Audio Housing.

As my setup tends to change quite a bit, I decided it was too much of an investment (slightly above your budget) but their desks look super nice!

1 Like

I have an industrial electric table with height Presets (yes, you read it, Presets) on which I build some shelves and installed a drawer underneath. So, no bending in the middle and no swivel.

1 Like

Yeah these look super nice but quite expensive.

1 Like

Wow! Where does one buy such a desk? I am seeing a few Workbench options. Pretty well priced.

You can buy the metal part and put a beautiful and solid piece of wood on it.

Im planning something similar for some time now.
Where and how did you mount/fix the drawer ?
On metal/wood or both ?

I´m not sure yet, maybe I´ll go with a small “table” on
rolls that fits under the main desk instead of a drawer,
so I can completely pull it out and place it sideways if needed.

Only concern is that someone could somehow crash the equipment
underneath the height adjustable main desk.

Do you or anybody else know if these height adjustable stands
have a security lock, that limit the range of heights ?
(sorry my english, I hope you know what I mean)

Edit: I checked your link, it says it has “self stop” positions. I guess this is what I´m asking for ?

+1 on this. i have one and it’s excellent, if you want a three-layer setup. Really well built.

2 Likes

The drawer comes from hardware rails that I had for a computer keyboard. So, basically, you can have the length you want with any piece of wood. For the height of the drawer, I had to adjust several times with pieces of 3/4 plywood (you can see it on the picture that I have screwed 3 pieces together over time).

For security locks, you have height Presets. And, of course, you have to be careful with what you put underneath the table.

1 Like

followed Tchu link and got suggested this one
only about $80 usd… bit smaller maybe but 2 or 3 shelves depending how you look at it.

Instead of making my desk going up and down, I decided to leave it up by mounting screens on shelves on the wall and elevating my static desk. When I want to sit I just use a bar stool.

Having struggled with this for a while, trying to cobble something vaguely similar together with an Ikea desk and other bits and pieces I decided to just bite the bullet and bought one of these Wavebone (lol) Headquarter desks.

I think anything like this is always going to be a bit of a compromise from an ergonomic point of view, especially getting musical keyboards and PC keyboards to both be at the right sort of height to avoid RSI etc., but it seems pretty decent on the whole. What I liked about it is that with the right configuration you can push the keyboard stand way back then raise your chair up to be at the right height for the higher surface.

The metal frame is super heavy and very good quality which was the main thing to me. The surfaces are covered MDF and not brilliant really but I’d read that beforehand and figured I could always get something better made at some point if necessary. Might be sooner than I’d hoped because after hours of painstakingly putting it together I managed to damage the keyboard stand top right at the end due to tiredness/lack of instructions for that part! Very annoying, but easy enough to cover up I guess.

1 Like