Everything was deleted except 8 samples?

Hey can anyone explain to me what happened here? I turned on my Digitakt today, and everything was deleted or erased except for 8 drum samples. There’s no songs in any of the banks, all banks are completely empty, none of the demo songs are even there? What the heck happened? I guess I’ll probably try a factory reset, hope that works. So far everything else seems fine… The loading screen looks normal. I will say that it was sitting on my bed, not plugged in for two or three days. Could a static charge have built up and zapped the memory off it or something? Only good thing is that I didn’t have anything particularly important on it at the time. Anyone have any information about why this happened, or if anyone else has experienced something similar? Mainly I just want to know so I can avoid this from happening again.

Thanks.

Just as a follow up… I just did a Factory Reset, and it worked once, then next time I turned it off and on again it erased everything except the 8 samples once again…

So I did an Empty Reset, and then another Factory Reset. Now it seems to be working normally now.

I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I really hope this resolves any further issues.

I won’t be so happy if this happens again after having spent countless hours working on some new tracks. I was lucky when this happened as I just had a bunch of old stuff I already saved on it, and I haven’t worked on anything major in a few weeks.

I’m just curious if the OS was corrupted or if it was zapped from static electricity or what. Its still says H 1.50 across the bottom on the load screen.

I’m still interested to hear if anyone has any insight into what was going on here, or if anyone else has experienced this or a similar issue with their own Digitakt.

-Thanks.

Reach out to Elektron support, they’re great and will help troubleshoot.

2 Likes