Expressive E Osmose

That’s great to read. I’m still pretty certain I’ll take the order and at least give it a go. Worst case it’ll make a great MPE controller. My worry is I’ll end up having to let either the Osmose or AK go as I don’t think I can justify two keyboards.

Still, enough of those negative thoughts! Looking forward to this arriving and hopefully it’ll live up to expectations.

So happy for them :grinning: and for me too :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I’m gonna squirrel away money for end of Q1/beginning of Q2 in hopes that general orders open as soon as the pre-order campaign is fulfilled. (Based on what they’ve written about production, once things start humming along, it seemed like they would be able to keep up with demand, relatively well.)

Almost three years since I pre ordered mine. My body is ready. And so is my AH, which I think will be a match made in heaven for the Osmose.

Still on board … the new desk i bought for it a year ago is already full. So need another new desk

I’ve got two spots in my setup ready for it. And an OB-6 and a Super6 for when I inevitably give up trying to wrap my mind around programming the eaganmatrix.

This is likely going to be more of a rompler/dx-7 type preset machine for me.

1 Like

I just got my email saying it’s ready to be delivered and I have to log in to make arrangements :wink:

5 Likes

I hope the serial numbers start at 1. :dizzy:

Whoa it’s not vaporware, nice! Hopefully they are awesome and I can order one in a year or two!

Have you been asked to pay ?

No, just says ‘We will be in touch via mail once your unit is ready to be shipped in order to double-check billing and shipping details and collect the remaining balance.’ and informs me it will ship from France.

Thanks, may I ask you where are you based ?

I am in the UK…so we have the BREXIT/Import duties thing to deal with…

Thx !

I think that’s all been sorted out now through wider trade agreements in place. There was lots of confusion some time back when I had a dialogue open with the Expressive E guys - at one point it was looking like a double tax hit! - but I wouldn’t expect much, if any, extra fees on the balance that’s outstanding. I’d be disappointed if even import duties are added as the paper work is now all there to prevent that sort of thing.

VAT will be added to the value of the item I am afraid, no way around it I can see if it’s over £135 and coming from the EU…the only thing they can do is take the European VAT of the price we pay (we paid that on the deposit as well) as we will get hit with about 22% when it comes in (VAT and duties)

I think you are mistaken. There’s two things here:

1. They confirmed in writing to me (and subsequently others via a public message) during the Brexit mess that they agreed that they would set a “special” price for UK pre orders that would ultimately result in VAT being charged once. At that point, we would at worst be charged some import fees (c3% + handling). So in other words, your pre order outstanding balance + import fee + handling
  2. Subsequent to all of this, EU businesses/retailers and the UK government have put measures in place to remove the confusion. ie. you buy from Thomann and the price you pay is what is shown on the website. There are no extra import fees or the likes. My OP1F came from Thomann with no extra charges for example.

So, with all this in mind, I expect the balance of payment to be the pre order price (which was inclusive of VAT), less my deposit (again, inclusive of VAT) and that should be it. We might find we get stung for an import duty if Expressive E make a mess at their end.

I hope your right, I am VAT registered anyway so won’t pay it whatever happens- but removing the included VAT for UK Customers (as I assume they did for US Customers?) is obviously the way to go.

The reason Thomann and BAX include VAT is the opened businesses in the UK and those business pay the UK VAT, I don’t think Expressive E are in that situation.

Time will tell I guess. With business/commerce catching up to a post Brexit world, I don’t think there is even much excuse for the import fee but I could turn a blind eye to that should it be incurred.

At one point Expressive E was holding UK customers to the Pre Order balance and that balance was then going to be lumped with UK VAT. Granted this was all during the early weeks of Brexit chaos but there was a genuine risk to a double VAT charge at that point. That was the initial conclusion from the guys I was talking to at Expressive E. I did a fair bit of challenge back which is where the “special” price was communicated where they would remove the VAT from the pre order balance and leave us in the UK to deal with customer ourselves. That was fair enough back then but I do think things have moved on since the early days post 31 January 2020 (or whenever it was).

I recently bought the TE Record Factory direct from TE and I had to pay import duties.