Expressive E Osmose

Interesting… I bought from TE and had no import duties (was over the £135!) :joy:

So it seems UK Osmose buyers may need to pay import plus handling. Worth folks being aware of that. I guess that’s the 3.4% rate or whatever and it will likely be calculated on the total value and not just the Pre Order balance outstanding.

1 Like

Yup- crazy thing is when the order was placed VAT was due on the deposit and would probably have been paid to the French Government so I wonder if they can get that pack for UK orders!

And yes, import duty and/or rip off ‘handling charges’ from couriers is just another BREXIT benefit…as long as I am not double taxed (I was when I bought my OXI One) I can live with a few %, in fact happy to pay it to get it before Christmas…

1 Like

The import plus handling should come to about £50 I guess (if I have my rate right) and considering how long we’ve waited for it I think most of us will be happy to swallow that one!

Do let us know how you get on with the VAT piece. I think it should be all sorted now though and won’t need the “special pricing” solution so should be good on that front.

Quite a disappointment actually…

I’ve always assumed that the Osmose would be monotimbral, so hearing that it might be multi-timbral in the future is huge. To control one sound from my Syntakt and to play the other sound live would be huge! I’m really hoping they’ll be able to implement this.

3 Likes

Coming Q4 2049.
:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That’s factually true but misleading…The CEE presets allow 3 presets layered ( but not 3 parts split, my bad ) at once…P72 of the manual…

forgive my ignorance, but what is this AK you are referring to

The Elektron Analog Keys !

@J0n35y was talking about choosing between an Osmose and an AK.

1 Like

A wonderful keyboard it is too. Available at truly ridiculously cheap prices these days as well.

1 Like

Anyone else see the Osmose in action here?

5 Likes

They have a MPE collection for 55% off, would that make sense for the Osmose? Did anyone try this out ?

I would consider that next year, maybe. I think there’s already a lot to do with the Osmose in itself :slight_smile:
Plus this MPE collection might only run on a computer and not on the Osmose, don’t you think?

I just thought, that this might be a possible patch editor, i.e. create patches to download to osmose - but i am not sure if thats a thing.

It isn’t.

2 Likes

They write that they make the Haken Editor compatible for Osmose, no idea how complex the editior is, and if it costs money - but maybe already a nice idea to start making patches.

2 Likes

The editor is free, if you like excel spreadsheets, you’ll be at home with eagan matrix ! :rofl:

I would love a plugin eaganmatrix. Then we wouldn’t have to wait for hardware to actually be in production to use it. Looks like the best bet to get it right now though is the eaganmatrix eurorack module, but I don’t know anyone who has been able to get their hands on one of those either :-/.

cry :broken_heart:

It doesn’t cost anything.
Clink on your own link, look at the line before the last you see on your screen:
The Haken Editor can be found here.

1 Like