Expressive E Osmose

Firmware installation was straightforward, no hassle.

congratulations @chapelierfou … Im still waiting for a shipping notification :crossed_fingers:

yeah, Id echo that…
“I personally dislike using presets that I didn’t create”, perhaps think of these as not presets, rather instruments… as you mention, they really do play like this.

the thing is Edmund (and Christophe) are very talented, and have a huge amount of experience in this area, its not just sound design, its also about how it fits to the surface.
again… instrument design, not just preset.

anyway, my (very limited) experience with the EM, is its not that hard to use or understand, but mastery could take a while :slight_smile:

personally, Im looking forward to the challenge…

in this batch, apparently yes necessary… (Facebook reply from EE?)
the firmware has been changing rapidly, and so was updated since factory in china installed.
I guess, this might be the case for a while, as things mature.

2 Likes

Yeah, when Port 1 is selected, I get the input led working, but that’s all. Nothing with Port 2 selected.

Unplug everything on both your laptop and your osmose and reboot your laptop and osmose.

Then start plugging everything in from scratch after the fresh reboot.

1 Like

Did this already.

Do you have a different USB Hub that you could hook it into if you aren’t hooked directly?

Nope. No hub.
I’ve reach the support. Will see !

Only other thing I can see in the Continuum User Guide is “Always connect the Continuum to your computer before running the editor.”

In the Continuum User Guide Section 17.2 there’s a troubleshooting procedure which is probably also relevant.

why is the led next to the output (Osmose Port 1) not lit?
I assumed you’d have to select both input and output - ?!

edit: scrap that, I just connected up a midi controller to editor…
it appears all inputs/outputs that are listed are used.

seems like the first midi output will flash, as the editor is sending a message to it - presumably to see if the continuum/osmose is there.

anyway…
Quickstart manual does say you need to use Port 2, so I think id work on that assumption…
check cables, use a midi monitor… etc to see whats going on

3 Likes

Wow, it is happening, I’m excited for everyone who ordered one :-)!

I re-flashed the firmware, re-updated presets, it seems to work now, or at least making progress ! (now updating the Haken Firmware or whatever…)

2 Likes

Lol pleased to see that thetechnobear has one, I’ll be expecting some prosperous bespoke operating system extension for it soon…

Status has changed now for me to “shipped”. Got the confirmation mail from Expressive E four times. FedEx mail says delivery estimated Monday. I am located in Germany.

After paying it was 8 days. Including weekend and christmas I am more than happy with this.

4 Likes

First video I’ve seen from the people receiving it:

Edit: And first unboxing video (in french):

2 Likes

so far so good!

Basic question, due to lack of space the osmose will have to replace my current midi keyboard. Is it easy to switch midi channels on it? And anyone try to control another synth with it? How does it feel?

1 Like

I am in the UK and so far have had 9 emails saying my Osmose has shipped! I haven’t seen any tracking however.

2 Likes

Haha seems like they need to fix their automatic mailing system

I just tried in Ableton Live with Wavetable. It seems to work super nicely with MPE.
However, in “classic keyboard” mode, I didn’t find a way to change the MIDI channel (stuck on 1).

EDIT : found the way to change channels.

1 Like

I’m also in the UK and got those nine wonderful emails. You should be able to find the Fedex tracking number on your order page.

The my tracking initially said it was “out for delivery” today but has now changed to “in transit” and delivery due Friday.

It’s arrived!

Oh, I don’t like this.
I’d love to replace my SL61mk3 too, and really wish I could switch easily between MIDI channels.

1 Like