Extend sequencer per track

Hi everyone,
Im a newborn digitakt user who is starting to master the basics. One basic operation would be to extend the the sequencer steps from e.g. 16 to 32. This can be done per pattern and per track.

This is what i have noticed and it bothers me:

Steps per pattern is by default set to 16
I want to just change track 1 to 32 steps, so i press func yes and change the steps per track.
I program some trigs across the 32 steps. When pressning play digitakt only play the first 16 even though the 2nd page light is lit. If I change the lenght per pattern to 32 steps it the previously not played steps now play. But now all my other trax also have 32 steps which was not my intention.

In the video with Cenk introducing the digitakt he does this operation without experiencing this issue. The one where he records a guitar.

I want to change lenght per track without Having to change the per pattern values and then go back to change the trax that got affected by this.

I have the 1.30 OS.

Thanks in advance
Emil

When using individual track length, you have to set the master length (M.LEN) accordingly.
M.LEN is the number of steps it takes for all tracks to reset to step 1.

So first engage length per track mode as you did, then set M.LEN at least long enough so your longest track can play through. In your case, set it to 32.

Next important parameter is CH.LEN - for example if you set M.LEN to 512 and don‘t want to always wait for the 512 steps to play through after you cued another patterns, set it to 16 or 32 (or whatever value you entered for CH.LEN) the pattern will now behave as if it was 16 or 32 steps long when you change to another pattern.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Schnork for your answer!

You’re welcome! Glad I could help. :slight_smile:

Seems I botched my post above, somehow parts were duplicated. Fixed it.