External Audio & Overbridge

I’ve checked the forum, as well as the Syntakt manual, but am still having issues with sending an external audio source through Overbridge to Ableton. Maybe I missed something, or misread.

I am trying to multitrack the 12 tracks out of Syntakt, plus an external sound source, running through the Syntakt inputs. I am getting signal from the external input in Ableton, but only through the main channel (1/2) and channels 15/16, which I am pretty sure is the effects channel. Both of which include the rest of the channels signal.

Is it possible to route the external input to it’s own channel within the DAW? Or will I have to record this separately?

Thanks in advance.

It is possible. You route an audio track with input from your Overbridge (mine is called “Syntakt” in the picture) channel. All the tracks including input are listed.

2 Likes

Is that something I need to setup?
Mine looks quite a bit different than yours.

Change your “Audio From” to the Syntakt plugin channel (you need to be using it for the way I am doing it). By this, I mean a midi channel with the Syntakt Overbridge plugin loaded onto it.

That plugin channel then plays a full mix as if it was the main output of the Syntakt, and it also allows you to set other audio channels to the individual parts of the mix. That way you don’t even need the Syntakt to be set as the audio interface.

1 Like

Ah, there we go, works perfectly.
Thank you so much! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

gotta same kind if question in the same setting (ableton) but sending the master bus of ableto nthru the analog filter/disortion and reroute it back into ableton to record ?!

If you don’t want to sum up the ST MIDI Track and the ST Audio Tracks, mute the ST MIDI Track.

1 Like